Toasty Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup soft banana (about two large bananas or 4 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee Toasty Banana Nut coffee, brewed strong
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tsp. spiced rum (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a standard loaf pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coffee and soft banana and let steep while you prepare the other ingredients. After 10 minutes, blend bananas and coffee until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat one at a time until well combined.
- When butter, sugar, and eggs are combined, add rum and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer alternating with the banana and coffee puree. Mix gently until just incorporated.
- Fold in toasted macadamia nuts and optional chocolate chunks and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with butter, coffee butter, or any of your favorite spreads and enjoy! Don't forget to serve a cup of Toasty Banana Nut Cream coffee on the side!
Related Blog postsView all
The Best Flavored Coffee Comes From Kauai
Preparing a cup of coffee just the way you like it is one of life's simple pleasures. From the scent of freshly roasted beans to the buzz of the grinder and the gentle drip of java hitting the pot,...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...
Medium Roast Coffee Guide
Roasting transforms fresh coffee beans into the fragrant and delicious coffee you grind and brew daily. Light, medium, and dark are the most common words used to describe coffee roast profiles, but...
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kauai Coffee
How well do you know Kauai Coffee? Test your knowledge with these ten fun facts. You'll learn everything from our sweet beginnings to the varietals we grow and the unique custom art you can find at...
How to Cold Brew Coffee Like a Pro (and 4 recipes to try right now!)
Summer is here and so is cold brew coffee-sipping season! As temperatures soar, nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold 100% Hawaiian coffee to cool you down. We love cold brew coffee so much w...
Bright and Citrusy Coffees that Taste Like Summer
It's officially summer and the season of all things light and refreshing! With temperatures rising, it's no wonder citrusy coffee drinks are trending on social media and coffee shops around the cou...
7 Interesting Facts About Hawaiian Coffee
Rich, alluring, unique – these are just a few words you can use to describe a piping hot cup of Hawaiian coffee. With temperate weather, ideal growing conditions, and a broad range of tasting notes...
No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your esp...