Toasty Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Thanks to the abundance of bananas that grow in Hawaii, banana bread, desserts, and sweets have long been a part of family meals, restaurant menus, and roadside fruit stands. Some even say the best banana bread on the planet comes from Hawaii. The bananas that grow on Kauai and throughout the Hawaiian Islands tend to be smaller, sweeter, and denser than their cousins available on the mainland, which makes them ideal for cooking and baking.
At Kauai Coffee, we have long loved the flavor of fresh tropical bananas, which is the inspiration behind our famous Toasty Banana Nut Cream flavored coffee. If you're baking at home and looking for a light, comforting, and quick recipe that uses simple ingredients, try this Toasty Banana Nut Bread recipe and let us know how it goes. Share your photos and recipes with us on Facebook and Instagram @kauaicoffeeco.
- 1 cup soft banana (about two large bananas or 4 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee Toasty Banana Nut coffee, brewed strong
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tsp. spiced rum (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a standard loaf pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coffee and soft banana and let steep while you prepare the other ingredients. After 10 minutes, blend bananas and coffee until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat one at a time until well combined.
- When butter, sugar, and eggs are combined, add rum and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer alternating with the banana and coffee puree. Mix gently until just incorporated.
- Fold in toasted macadamia nuts and optional chocolate chunks and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with butter, coffee butter, or any of your favorite spreads and enjoy! Don't forget to serve a cup of Toasty Banana Nut Cream coffee on the side!
Related Blog postsView all
Savor the Season with Kauai Coffee's Brewberry Crumble
Three Delicious Blueberry Coffee Recipes to Make This Summer Summer is almost here, which means our seasonal sensation, Brewberry Crumble, is back for a limited time. This delightful 100% Hawaiian ...
The Ultimate June Gift Guide: Coffee Delights for Dads, Grads, Brides, and Grooms
June is full of special occasions and celebrations, from Father's Day to graduations, weddings, and anniversaries. What better way to honor and delight the dads, grads, brides, and grooms in your l...
How to Cold Brew Decaf and Caffeinated Coffee
Temperatures are rising and cold brew coffee season is upon us once again! If you're ready to indulge in a smooth and satisfying alternative to your regular hot cup of coffee, look no further than ...
What is the Coffee Taster’s Flavor Wheel?
The Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel is a guide used by coffee professionals to evaluate the flavors and aromas present in coffee. The Specialty Coffee Association created the flavor wheel and standar...
Taste Paradise with Tropical Coffee from Kauai
Coffee comes from a tropical plant. Therefore, it is not surprising that many bright and flavorful notes associated with tropical ingredients are found in coffee. Tropical coffee like ours also pai...
The Best Coffee Gifts for Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is almost here. Even though we like to celebrate 'ohana every day at Kauai Coffee, there is something special about showing the remarkable women in your life how much you care on a day...
Ultimate Guide to 100% Hawaiian Coffee
100% Hawaiian coffee is highly regarded and adored by coffee connoisseurs worldwide. Even though Hawaii is the only U.S. state with a thriving commercial coffee industry, Hawaiian-grown coffee is r...
Kauai Coffee Takes First Place in 2023 HAWAII Magazine Readers' Choice Awards
Thanks to you, Kauai Coffee has been voted the Best Coffee Grower in the All Islands category of the 2023 HAWAI'I Magazine Readers' Choice Awards for the ninth year in a row! More than 100,000 read...
What is Blue Mountain Coffee?
When it comes to the most sought-after types of coffee, the Jamaican Blue Mountain varietal is often placed at the top of the list because it is one of the world's rarest and most expensive coffees...
Everything You Need to Know About Decaf Coffee
Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant found in the leaves, seeds, and fruit of many plant species, including coffee. If you're a part of the 83% of US adults that enjoy starting the day with...
Homemade Irish Coffee Creamer
It's our favorite time of year once again! The rainy season is on its way out, the coffee orchard is about to bloom, and the newest crop of coffee will burst onto branches soon! Of course, it's als...