Toasty Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Thanks to the abundance of bananas that grow in Hawaii, banana bread, desserts, and sweets have long been a part of family meals, restaurant menus, and roadside fruit stands. Some even say the best banana bread on the planet comes from Hawaii. The bananas that grow on Kauai and throughout the Hawaiian Islands tend to be smaller, sweeter, and denser than their cousins available on the mainland, which makes them ideal for cooking and baking.
At Kauai Coffee, we have long loved the flavor of fresh tropical bananas, which is the inspiration behind our famous Toasty Banana Nut Cream flavored coffee. If you're baking at home and looking for a light, comforting, and quick recipe that uses simple ingredients, try this Toasty Banana Nut Bread recipe and let us know how it goes. Share your photos and recipes with us on Facebook and Instagram @kauaicoffeeco.
- 1 cup soft banana (about two large bananas or 4 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee Toasty Banana Nut coffee, brewed strong
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tsp. spiced rum (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a standard loaf pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coffee and soft banana and let steep while you prepare the other ingredients. After 10 minutes, blend bananas and coffee until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat one at a time until well combined.
- When butter, sugar, and eggs are combined, add rum and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer alternating with the banana and coffee puree. Mix gently until just incorporated.
- Fold in toasted macadamia nuts and optional chocolate chunks and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with butter, coffee butter, or any of your favorite spreads and enjoy! Don't forget to serve a cup of Toasty Banana Nut Cream coffee on the side!
Related Blog postsView all
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...
Our Coffee Starts with Kindness
November 13 is World Kindness Day. As the trade winds begin to cool and our harvest season winds down, now is a good time to reflect on what it means to cultivate coffee with kindness. At Kauai Cof...
Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn't resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats yo...
Kauai Coffee Sale and Visitor Donations Raise $31,000 for Maui Wildfire Relief Efforts
At Kauai Coffee Company, we've always believed in the power of coffee to bring people together. This National Coffee Day, we channeled that belief into action by launching a special sale and collec...
Brew Like a Roast Master
Is there anything that smells or tastes better than freshly roasted coffee? We think not! Roasting is both an art and a science that takes years to master. Our roast masters are the innovators resp...
Kauai Coffee Brewing Guide: Pour Over Method
If you're a coffee enthusiast and appreciate the rich flavors of 100% Hawaiian coffee, you're in for a treat! This comprehensive guide explores the art of brewing your favorite Kauai Coffee using t...
What does Fair Trade Certification™ Mean?
October is Fair Trade Month and a great time to learn more about what Fair Trade Certification™ really means for your favorite businesses and products. At Kauai Coffee, our commitment to sustainabi...
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back Again!
The calendar may say August, but our hearts say it's pumpkin season, which means Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back for a limited time! With subtle notes of cinnamon, caramel and pecan one sip will trans...