4 DIY Coffee Crafts You Can Make at Home
Kauai Coffee Craft #1: Be a Stay-at-Home Barista or Coffee ChefIf you occasionally grab your morning cuppa from a local shop and are missing your favorite barista, now is the time to brush up your stay-at-home coffee skills. You can use your favorite Kauai Coffee beans and brews to make barista-quality drinks at home. Here are a few of our favorite tips, tricks, and recipes:
- Dalgona Style Kauai Coffee Recipe
- Iced Kauai Coffee with a Tropical Twist
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Kauai Coffee Cold Brew
- How to make Pour Over Coffee
- Sweet and Savory Coffee Vinaigrette
- Kauai Coffee Braised Short Ribs
- Kauai Coffee and Dessert Pairings
- Must-Try Doughnut Recipes Inspired by Kauai Sugar Plantation History
Kauai Coffee Craft #2: Single-Serve Pod Seed StartersGet your garden growing by repurposing Kauai Coffee single-serve pods into seed starters! Follow these easy steps:
- Gather 10-12 used single-serve Kauai Coffee pods.
- Remove the lid and dump out the coffee grounds. If you compost at home, coffee is a safe and nutrient-rich addition to your compost.
- Place the empty pods in a shallow box and fill them with potting soil.
- Place seeds of your choice into each pod and water according to seed package instructions. You should have healthy sprouts in a few days to a few weeks that you can use to start your garden!
Kauai Coffee Craft #3: Body ScrubYou can also repurpose used Kauai Coffee grounds into a skin-smoothing body scrub. Just make sure to dry out the used grounds before making the scrub! Ingredients
- 1 cup used coffee grounds (dry)
- 1 cup sugar or salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Scented essential oils (vanilla, lavender or citrus make great additions)
Kauai Coffee Craft #4: Burlap Bag CraftsKauai Coffee burlap bags have a unique annual design that makes them excellent collector's items or a special reminder of your visit to the Kauai Coffee Estate. From wall hangings to tote bags, throw pillows to seat covers, we have seen so many creative craft projects made from our burlap bags by Kauai Coffee 'ohana around the world. The bags are approximately 40" x 23" and can be purchased online here. If you'd like to try an easy, hand-stitched craft, we love this coffee bag storage cube/ottoman design from A Piece of Rainbow. Materials:
- 1 Kauai Coffee burlap bag.
- Large-Eye Yarn Needle, and multicolored or solid colored yarn
- Colorful embroidery threads to make tassels!
- Scissors and tape measure
- Remove the stitches from the bottom and the side of the bag, so you have one large sheet.
- Cut the bag in half along the 40″ length so you have two panels and then cut each panel into three equal sections.
- Now you should have six pieces, each measuring about 20″by 18.5″. It's ok if they aren't quite square or even.
- Create four even squares by folding the edges of your panels and ironing over the creases. Your squares should be about 17"x17".
- Use a simple whip stitch or blanket stitch and your large-eye yarn needle and colorful yarn to stitch the square panels together into a cube.
- Leave one side of the cube open and fill it with out-of-season clothes, pillows, or other materials you can find at home.
- Once the cube is filled, stitch the remaining side closed.
- Use embroidery thread to create colorful tassels and attach them to the top edge of the cube. For images and a complete tutorial visit A Piece of Rainbow.
Related Blog postsView all
The Best Flavored Coffee Comes From Kauai
Preparing a cup of coffee just the way you like it is one of life's simple pleasures. From the scent of freshly roasted beans to the buzz of the grinder and the gentle drip of java hitting the pot,...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...
Medium Roast Coffee Guide
Roasting transforms fresh coffee beans into the fragrant and delicious coffee you grind and brew daily. Light, medium, and dark are the most common words used to describe coffee roast profiles, but...
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kauai Coffee
How well do you know Kauai Coffee? Test your knowledge with these ten fun facts. You'll learn everything from our sweet beginnings to the varietals we grow and the unique custom art you can find at...
How to Cold Brew Coffee Like a Pro (and 4 recipes to try right now!)
Summer is here and so is cold brew coffee-sipping season! As temperatures soar, nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold 100% Hawaiian coffee to cool you down. We love cold brew coffee so much w...
Bright and Citrusy Coffees that Taste Like Summer
It's officially summer and the season of all things light and refreshing! With temperatures rising, it's no wonder citrusy coffee drinks are trending on social media and coffee shops around the cou...
7 Interesting Facts About Hawaiian Coffee
Rich, alluring, unique – these are just a few words you can use to describe a piping hot cup of Hawaiian coffee. With temperate weather, ideal growing conditions, and a broad range of tasting notes...
No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your esp...