Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to make something with love and share it with your 'ohana. That's why there's a special place on the dessert table reserved for this decadent coffee and chocolate ganache cake among the many holiday treats and warm beverages we plan to enjoy this time of year.
This recipe adds a unique twist to the classic chocolate cake preparation by infusing it with the distinct taste of our 100% Hawaiian coffee. The result is a soft and delicious cake you can decorate and share with your loved ones. Bake our coffee and chocolate ganache cake today and serve a slice with a cup of Kauai Coffee for a taste of the holidays in Hawaii.
What's a Tutu?
In Hawaii, 'Tutu' is a term of endearment for a grandmother, a figure often associated with warmth, love, and delicious home-cooked meals. This chocolate ganache cake recipe is inspired by a cherished family recipe. It's more than just a dessert; it's a token of our appreciation for our staff and customers. 'Ohana is the Hawaiian word for family, and we are excited to share this little slice of holiday joy with you.
Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup strongly brewed Kauai coffee
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Festive sprinkles (optional)
For the Coffee and Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brewed Kauai coffee
- Preheat the Oven: Set your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two 9-inch cake pans.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, beat the eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Combine Mixtures: Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined. The mixture will be thick.
- Add the Coffee: Slowly add the brewed coffee to the combined cake batter. Whisk until the batter is smooth and pourable.
- Bake the Cake: Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prepare the Ganache: Heat the heavy cream and 2 tbsp of Kauai coffee in a saucepan over medium heat while the cake cools. Just before boiling, remove from the heat and pour in the chopped chocolate, letting it sit for a minute before stirring until smooth.
- Finish with Ganache: Once the cakes and ganache have cooled, spoon half of the ganache over the first layer of cake, spreading it evenly. Stack the second cake on top and coat it with the remaining ganache. Top with optional festive sprinkles and enjoy!
Kauai Coffees to Pair with Tutu’s Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
This cake's robust combination of coffee and chocolate pairs beautifully with a cup of Kauai Coffee. We recommend serving your cake with a piping hot cup of our Estate Reserve or 100% Hawaiian Coffee with a hint of tropical flavor.
- Holiday Spice: Our one-of-a-kind holiday favorite! 100% Hawaiian coffee with a hint of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Our seasonal flavors won’t last long. Order online now.
- Acaia: Smooth, frothy cup with milk chocolate, mocha, and caramel flavor attributes. Bright, sweet finish.
- Kalaheo Estate: Rich aroma with nutty notes and hints of sweet chocolate overtones
- Kauai Breeze: Smooth plush mouthfeel with subtle hints of chocolate in the cup. Delicately bright acidity enveloped by nutty undertones.
- McBryde Estate: Pleasantly sweet aroma with rounding hints of chocolate, dry berry, and floral notes.
- Toasty Banana Nut Cream: 100% Hawaiian coffee combined with all-natural flavoring, this coffee features the delicious tropical flavor of bananas, creamy vanilla, and a hint of hazelnuts.
- Coconut Caramel Crunch: 100% Hawaiian coffee with a hint of sweet, nutty caramel blended with tropical coconut.
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake recipe captures the essence of holiday baking, bringing together the warmth of Kauai coffee and the decadent indulgence of chocolate. It's not just a dessert; it's a celebration of 'ohana, tradition, and the simple joys of holiday baking.
Whether you're gathering with your family or enjoying a quiet moment, this cake, paired with a cup of Kauai coffee, will surely bring a smile to your face and comfort to your soul. Happy baking and happy holidays!
Related Blog postsView all
Coffee Flavor Profile: Chocolate and Cocoa
Every cup of Hawaiian coffee tells a story, narrated by the intricate symphony of factors that shape its flavor. Much like the celebrated complexity of wine or whisky, the flavor profile of a high-...
How to Grind Coffee Beans Like a Pro
Sipping a delicious cup of coffee in the morning is a delightful ritual for most Americans. From the first whiff of fresh Hawaiian coffee beans wafting from the package to the sounds of your percol...
Coffee for Two: Valentine’s Day Recipes
Being in the coffee business, we know a thing or two about love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships beg...
4 Easy Ways to Brew Hawaiian Coffee: Your Guide to a Perfect Cup
Imagine starting your day with a barista-quality cup of coffee brewed quickly and effortlessly in your own kitchen. At Kauai Coffee, we believe indulging in a perfect cup of Hawaiian coffee should ...
Behind the Beans: A Virtual Visit to Kauai Coffee
Nestled on the sun-kissed South Shore of Kauai, the Kauai Coffee Visitor Center is more than just an attraction; it's an immersive experience that will delight all your senses. Surrounded by 3,100 ...
Warm Up Winter With These Spiced Lattes
As winter embraces the northern hemisphere, even the tropical paradise of Kauai feels the shift. Here, winter is not marked by snow and ice but by heavy rain, cooler air and water temperatures. Thi...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
2023: A Year of Coffee, Community, and Connection at Kauai Coffee
As the sun sets on another year, we're brewing a cup of reflection and gratitude. Thanks to you, it's been a remarkable year. From the lush fields of our Kauai Estate to your cup, you've made 2023 ...
Discover the Best Hawaiian Coffee for Every Palate
Grown in unique microclimates and nutrient-rich volcanic soil, Hawaiian coffee boasts distinct flavor notes and characteristics that are celebrated worldwide. From crisp citrus and mellow florals t...
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...