Paradise Mango Muffins with Coconut Crumb Topping
IngredientsRecipe makes 12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins.
For the Coconut Crumb Topping
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
For the Mango Muffins
- 1 ½cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups quick-cook oats or crushed bran cereal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup ripe mango, pureed*
- 1 cup sweetened, dried mango chunks, diced**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with paper or aluminum baking cups.
- For the crumb topping, lightly toast the coconut flakes and mix with 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and melted butter, then set aside.
- For the muffins, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, quick oats or crushed bran cereal, cinnamon, and ginger, then set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened butter with the granulated sugar.
- Add the honey and two eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat with an electric hand mixer or whisk until light and fluffy.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and then incorporate the heavy cream and mango puree to form a moderately thick batter.
- Gently stir the dried mango chunks into the batter until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie batter scoop to distribute the batter into the lined muffin tin evenly.
- Top each muffin with a tablespoon full of crumb topping and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out cleanly.
- Serve with 100% Kauai Coffee Paradise Mango Twist and your favorite mango jam or chutney for a triple mango masterpiece.
Related Blog postsView all
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...
Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we're happy to celebrate! Chocolate and coffee are complimentary flavors that bring out the best in each other. The deep, rich, and nutty notes o...
10 Fascinating Facts About the Kauai Coffee Harvest
It's that time of year once again – the cherries are ripe, and the 2022 harvest has begun at Kauai Coffee. With more than four million coffee trees growing on 3,100 acres, the annual coffee harvest...
The Best Flavored Coffee Comes From Kauai
Preparing a cup of coffee just the way you like it is one of life's simple pleasures. From the scent of freshly roasted beans to the buzz of the grinder and the gentle drip of java hitting the pot,...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...