Paradise Mango Muffins with Coconut Crumb Topping
IngredientsRecipe makes 12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins.
For the Coconut Crumb Topping
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
For the Mango Muffins
- 1 ½cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups quick-cook oats or crushed bran cereal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup ripe mango, pureed*
- 1 cup sweetened, dried mango chunks, diced**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with paper or aluminum baking cups.
- For the crumb topping, lightly toast the coconut flakes and mix with 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and melted butter, then set aside.
- For the muffins, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, quick oats or crushed bran cereal, cinnamon, and ginger, then set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened butter with the granulated sugar.
- Add the honey and two eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat with an electric hand mixer or whisk until light and fluffy.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and then incorporate the heavy cream and mango puree to form a moderately thick batter.
- Gently stir the dried mango chunks into the batter until well incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie batter scoop to distribute the batter into the lined muffin tin evenly.
- Top each muffin with a tablespoon full of crumb topping and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out cleanly.
- Serve with 100% Kauai Coffee Paradise Mango Twist and your favorite mango jam or chutney for a triple mango masterpiece.
Related Blog postsView all
Savor the Season with Kauai Coffee's Brewberry Crumble
Three Delicious Blueberry Coffee Recipes to Make This Summer Summer is almost here, which means our seasonal sensation, Brewberry Crumble, is back for a limited time. This delightful 100% Hawaiian ...
The Ultimate June Gift Guide: Coffee Delights for Dads, Grads, Brides, and Grooms
June is full of special occasions and celebrations, from Father's Day to graduations, weddings, and anniversaries. What better way to honor and delight the dads, grads, brides, and grooms in your l...
How to Cold Brew Decaf and Caffeinated Coffee
Temperatures are rising and cold brew coffee season is upon us once again! If you're ready to indulge in a smooth and satisfying alternative to your regular hot cup of coffee, look no further than ...
What is the Coffee Taster’s Flavor Wheel?
The Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel is a guide used by coffee professionals to evaluate the flavors and aromas present in coffee. The Specialty Coffee Association created the flavor wheel and standar...
Taste Paradise with Tropical Coffee from Kauai
Coffee comes from a tropical plant. Therefore, it is not surprising that many bright and flavorful notes associated with tropical ingredients are found in coffee. Tropical coffee like ours also pai...
The Best Coffee Gifts for Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is almost here. Even though we like to celebrate 'ohana every day at Kauai Coffee, there is something special about showing the remarkable women in your life how much you care on a day...
Ultimate Guide to 100% Hawaiian Coffee
100% Hawaiian coffee is highly regarded and adored by coffee connoisseurs worldwide. Even though Hawaii is the only U.S. state with a thriving commercial coffee industry, Hawaiian-grown coffee is r...
Kauai Coffee Takes First Place in 2023 HAWAII Magazine Readers' Choice Awards
Thanks to you, Kauai Coffee has been voted the Best Coffee Grower in the All Islands category of the 2023 HAWAI'I Magazine Readers' Choice Awards for the ninth year in a row! More than 100,000 read...
What is Blue Mountain Coffee?
When it comes to the most sought-after types of coffee, the Jamaican Blue Mountain varietal is often placed at the top of the list because it is one of the world's rarest and most expensive coffees...
Everything You Need to Know About Decaf Coffee
Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant found in the leaves, seeds, and fruit of many plant species, including coffee. If you're a part of the 83% of US adults that enjoy starting the day with...
Homemade Irish Coffee Creamer
It's our favorite time of year once again! The rainy season is on its way out, the coffee orchard is about to bloom, and the newest crop of coffee will burst onto branches soon! Of course, it's als...