When summer heat and humidity peak, nothing cools better than sipping a refreshing and fizzy treat. On Kauai, summer can be hot and humid, especially when Pacific storms shift our cooling tradewinds away from the islands. It’s the perfect time of year to experiment with and enjoy the colder side of coffee.
If the dog days of summer have you in need of a caffeine kick and chilly sip, mix up a sparkling iced coffee with your favorite Kauai Coffee beans. You can’t go wrong with Kauai Coffee Cold Brew or something fruity, floral or bright. We recommend one of the following but any Kauai Coffee will taste great in this simple seasonal soda.
- Kauai Coffee Cold Brew: A coarse ground coffee optimized for cold brewing
- Kauai Blue Mountain: A unique, well-balanced coffee with a malty flavor and fruity notes. The ultimate expression of Island coffee – smooth, mild, and subtle with a pleasantly bright aftertaste.
- Kauai Breeze: Smooth plush mouthfeel with subtle hints of chocolate in the cup. Delicately bright acidity hidden by nutty undertones.
- Aunty Aloha: Sweet floral notes of rose & jasmine with a finish of clove & anise
- Acaia: Smooth, frothy cup with flavor attributes of milk chocolate, mocha, and caramel notes. The finish is bright and sweet
- Paradise Mango Twist: With all-natural flavoring, the Paradise Mango Twist blend combines a hint of mango with chocolate and vanilla notes, giving this coffee a unique flavor profile.
Sparkling Iced Coffee Ingredients
- 1 cup Kauai Coffee (cold-brewed or chilled)
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Lime wedge for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (homemade or store-bought)
- Fill a tall drinking glass with crushed ice
- Pour in 1 cup of chilled Kauai Coffee or Cold Brew
- Add simple syrup if desired, stir gently
- Top with sparkling water
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
For a creamy treat, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a coffee soda float!