Coffee Trends to Try with Kauai Coffee Right Now
Espresso and Orange JuiceChocolate, orange, espresso, and citrus have long been pleasing and palatable flavor combinations in baked goods, small-batch chocolates, and posh cocktails. But, in March 2022, popular Tik Tok content creator @bundaddy garnered more than 1.6 million views on a video recipe for a beverage she made by mixing a shot of espresso with a glass of orange juice. Naturally, commenters went wild with their desire to try or stay very far away from the concoction. For those pro espresso and orange juice drinkers, the combination results in a refreshing and well-balanced drink that is equally tart and bitter as it is slightly sweet and satisfying. The viral video from @bundaddy is not the only recent coffee and orange juice recipe to make waves online. In 2018, Bon Appétit Magazine released a recipe for their "Spritzy Americano," which tops equal parts espresso and orange juice with 5 ounces of sparkling water for a fizzy mocktail and the option to add 1.5 ounces of an Italian Aperitif for a cocktail. So, the question remains, are you ready to try a coffee and orange juice combination for yourself? If so, we recommend the following. Ingredients:
- 2 ounces Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Acaia, brewed as an espresso shot or strong drip.
- 4 ounces pulp-free orange juice
- 3 ounces sparkling water or sparkling orange soda
Floral LattesLatte art has been widely circulated and shared on social media for years. However, the newest viral coffee trend is taking the art of latte making to a whole new level with the addition of edible petals, flower-infused syrup, and milk. Lattes are made by combining a shot or two of espresso with steamed milk and optional sweeteners or flavored syrups. Coffee houses across the USA are jumping on the viral and photogenic trend that also made waves in the U.K. a few years ago with popular choices such as lavender oat milk, rose water cardamom, and butterfly pea flower-infused options. Try this trend by making your own floral honey and adding it to your coffee and steamed or frothed milk at home. Lavender-Infused Hawaiian Honey Latte
- 1 cup Hawaiian honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 6 oz. steamed milk
- 2-4 oz. Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Aunty Aloha 100% Hawaiian Coffee
- To make the honey add it to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through but not boiling.
- Remove the honey from the heat and stir in the dried lavender flowers.
- Cover the pan and set it aside for at least 24 hours to let the floral flavor infuse the honey.
- After 24 hours, strain the flowers from the honey and store it in a container of your choice.
- Brew 2 to 4 ounces of Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Aunty Aloha Coffee.
- Add a tablespoon of the floral honey to your favorite milk and steam or froth it before adding it to your brewed coffee.
- Top your floral latte with a few crushed lavender blossoms for a picture-perfect effect.
Whipped CoffeeWho could forget the early quarantine whipped coffee trend that took the internet by storm in 2020? If you didn't get a chance to try the frothy sensation back then, now is the time to give it a shot. The viral whipped coffee took off first in Korea and rippled worldwide in record time due to increased social media usage at the onset of pandemic restrictions and lockdowns. While the viral version is made with equal parts instant coffee crystals, sugar, and water, similar results are possible with brewed coffee. Here's how you can recreate the whipped coffee trend at home with your favorite Kauai Coffee.
- 2 tablespoons concentrated Kauai Coffee or one shot prepared with an espresso machine or AeroPress.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 serving of milk or milk alternative
- To make a whipped coffee with Kauai Coffee, first, you need to brew a very strong shot of coffee. We were successful with several methods but brewing with an espresso machine yielded the richest result. French Press and drip methods will also work, but you will need to reduce the coffee further after brewing. For all our tests, we used Kalaheo Estate Dark Roast. If you can brew with an espresso machine, skip to step three.
- If you brew with a French Press or drip method, prepare one strong cup, and then make a coffee concentrate by simmering the coffee in a shallow saucepan over medium heat until it has reduced by half.
- Once your espresso shot or coffee concentrate is ready, combine two tablespoons of the hot brew with two tablespoons of granulated sugar and a pinch of cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl. Cream of tartar is a common baking ingredient and acts as a stabilizer in meringues and other whipped cream desserts.
- Now for the fun part – whip it! Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or good old whisk to whip the coffee, sugar, and cream of tartar together. The more air you can whip into the sugar and coffee, the more light, fluffy, and luxurious your coffee foam will become. If you are using a whisk, be patient. Your coffee will get silky and frothy, but you may not get the same volume as a mechanical mixer. It will be delicious no matter which mixing method you use.
- Fill a clear glass with ice and pour in one serving of your favorite milk or milk alternative. Spoon the whipped coffee over the milk and sip to enjoy! Whipped coffee can be served over warm milk if you prefer your coffee hot.
Related Blog postsView all
The Best Flavored Coffee Comes From Kauai
Preparing a cup of coffee just the way you like it is one of life's simple pleasures. From the scent of freshly roasted beans to the buzz of the grinder and the gentle drip of java hitting the pot,...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...
Medium Roast Coffee Guide
Roasting transforms fresh coffee beans into the fragrant and delicious coffee you grind and brew daily. Light, medium, and dark are the most common words used to describe coffee roast profiles, but...
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kauai Coffee
How well do you know Kauai Coffee? Test your knowledge with these ten fun facts. You'll learn everything from our sweet beginnings to the varietals we grow and the unique custom art you can find at...
How to Cold Brew Coffee Like a Pro (and 4 recipes to try right now!)
Summer is here and so is cold brew coffee-sipping season! As temperatures soar, nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold 100% Hawaiian coffee to cool you down. We love cold brew coffee so much w...
Bright and Citrusy Coffees that Taste Like Summer
It's officially summer and the season of all things light and refreshing! With temperatures rising, it's no wonder citrusy coffee drinks are trending on social media and coffee shops around the cou...
7 Interesting Facts About Hawaiian Coffee
Rich, alluring, unique – these are just a few words you can use to describe a piping hot cup of Hawaiian coffee. With temperate weather, ideal growing conditions, and a broad range of tasting notes...
No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your esp...