Coffee Trends to Try with Kauai Coffee Right Now
Espresso and Orange JuiceChocolate, orange, espresso, and citrus have long been pleasing and palatable flavor combinations in baked goods, small-batch chocolates, and posh cocktails. But, in March 2022, popular Tik Tok content creator @bundaddy garnered more than 1.6 million views on a video recipe for a beverage she made by mixing a shot of espresso with a glass of orange juice. Naturally, commenters went wild with their desire to try or stay very far away from the concoction. For those pro espresso and orange juice drinkers, the combination results in a refreshing and well-balanced drink that is equally tart and bitter as it is slightly sweet and satisfying. The viral video from @bundaddy is not the only recent coffee and orange juice recipe to make waves online. In 2018, Bon Appétit Magazine released a recipe for their "Spritzy Americano," which tops equal parts espresso and orange juice with 5 ounces of sparkling water for a fizzy mocktail and the option to add 1.5 ounces of an Italian Aperitif for a cocktail. So, the question remains, are you ready to try a coffee and orange juice combination for yourself? If so, we recommend the following. Ingredients:
- 2 ounces Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Acaia, brewed as an espresso shot or strong drip.
- 4 ounces pulp-free orange juice
- 3 ounces sparkling water or sparkling orange soda
Floral LattesLatte art has been widely circulated and shared on social media for years. However, the newest viral coffee trend is taking the art of latte making to a whole new level with the addition of edible petals, flower-infused syrup, and milk. Lattes are made by combining a shot or two of espresso with steamed milk and optional sweeteners or flavored syrups. Coffee houses across the USA are jumping on the viral and photogenic trend that also made waves in the U.K. a few years ago with popular choices such as lavender oat milk, rose water cardamom, and butterfly pea flower-infused options. Try this trend by making your own floral honey and adding it to your coffee and steamed or frothed milk at home. Lavender-Infused Hawaiian Honey Latte
- 1 cup Hawaiian honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 6 oz. steamed milk
- 2-4 oz. Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Aunty Aloha 100% Hawaiian Coffee
- To make the honey add it to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through but not boiling.
- Remove the honey from the heat and stir in the dried lavender flowers.
- Cover the pan and set it aside for at least 24 hours to let the floral flavor infuse the honey.
- After 24 hours, strain the flowers from the honey and store it in a container of your choice.
- Brew 2 to 4 ounces of Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Aunty Aloha Coffee.
- Add a tablespoon of the floral honey to your favorite milk and steam or froth it before adding it to your brewed coffee.
- Top your floral latte with a few crushed lavender blossoms for a picture-perfect effect.
Whipped CoffeeWho could forget the early quarantine whipped coffee trend that took the internet by storm in 2020? If you didn't get a chance to try the frothy sensation back then, now is the time to give it a shot. The viral whipped coffee took off first in Korea and rippled worldwide in record time due to increased social media usage at the onset of pandemic restrictions and lockdowns. While the viral version is made with equal parts instant coffee crystals, sugar, and water, similar results are possible with brewed coffee. Here's how you can recreate the whipped coffee trend at home with your favorite Kauai Coffee.
- 2 tablespoons concentrated Kauai Coffee or one shot prepared with an espresso machine or AeroPress.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 serving of milk or milk alternative
- To make a whipped coffee with Kauai Coffee, first, you need to brew a very strong shot of coffee. We were successful with several methods but brewing with an espresso machine yielded the richest result. French Press and drip methods will also work, but you will need to reduce the coffee further after brewing. For all our tests, we used Kalaheo Estate Dark Roast. If you can brew with an espresso machine, skip to step three.
- If you brew with a French Press or drip method, prepare one strong cup, and then make a coffee concentrate by simmering the coffee in a shallow saucepan over medium heat until it has reduced by half.
- Once your espresso shot or coffee concentrate is ready, combine two tablespoons of the hot brew with two tablespoons of granulated sugar and a pinch of cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl. Cream of tartar is a common baking ingredient and acts as a stabilizer in meringues and other whipped cream desserts.
- Now for the fun part – whip it! Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or good old whisk to whip the coffee, sugar, and cream of tartar together. The more air you can whip into the sugar and coffee, the more light, fluffy, and luxurious your coffee foam will become. If you are using a whisk, be patient. Your coffee will get silky and frothy, but you may not get the same volume as a mechanical mixer. It will be delicious no matter which mixing method you use.
- Fill a clear glass with ice and pour in one serving of your favorite milk or milk alternative. Spoon the whipped coffee over the milk and sip to enjoy! Whipped coffee can be served over warm milk if you prefer your coffee hot.
Related Blog postsView all
Coffee Flavor Profile: Chocolate and Cocoa
Every cup of Hawaiian coffee tells a story, narrated by the intricate symphony of factors that shape its flavor. Much like the celebrated complexity of wine or whisky, the flavor profile of a high-...
How to Grind Coffee Beans Like a Pro
Sipping a delicious cup of coffee in the morning is a delightful ritual for most Americans. From the first whiff of fresh Hawaiian coffee beans wafting from the package to the sounds of your percol...
Coffee for Two: Valentine’s Day Recipes
Being in the coffee business, we know a thing or two about love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships beg...
4 Easy Ways to Brew Hawaiian Coffee: Your Guide to a Perfect Cup
Imagine starting your day with a barista-quality cup of coffee brewed quickly and effortlessly in your own kitchen. At Kauai Coffee, we believe indulging in a perfect cup of Hawaiian coffee should ...
Behind the Beans: A Virtual Visit to Kauai Coffee
Nestled on the sun-kissed South Shore of Kauai, the Kauai Coffee Visitor Center is more than just an attraction; it's an immersive experience that will delight all your senses. Surrounded by 3,100 ...
Warm Up Winter With These Spiced Lattes
As winter embraces the northern hemisphere, even the tropical paradise of Kauai feels the shift. Here, winter is not marked by snow and ice but by heavy rain, cooler air and water temperatures. Thi...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
2023: A Year of Coffee, Community, and Connection at Kauai Coffee
As the sun sets on another year, we're brewing a cup of reflection and gratitude. Thanks to you, it's been a remarkable year. From the lush fields of our Kauai Estate to your cup, you've made 2023 ...
Discover the Best Hawaiian Coffee for Every Palate
Grown in unique microclimates and nutrient-rich volcanic soil, Hawaiian coffee boasts distinct flavor notes and characteristics that are celebrated worldwide. From crisp citrus and mellow florals t...
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...