Coffee Trends to Try with Kauai Coffee Right Now
Espresso and Orange JuiceChocolate, orange, espresso, and citrus have long been pleasing and palatable flavor combinations in baked goods, small-batch chocolates, and posh cocktails. But, in March 2022, popular Tik Tok content creator @bundaddy garnered more than 1.6 million views on a video recipe for a beverage she made by mixing a shot of espresso with a glass of orange juice. Naturally, commenters went wild with their desire to try or stay very far away from the concoction. For those pro espresso and orange juice drinkers, the combination results in a refreshing and well-balanced drink that is equally tart and bitter as it is slightly sweet and satisfying. The viral video from @bundaddy is not the only recent coffee and orange juice recipe to make waves online. In 2018, Bon Appétit Magazine released a recipe for their "Spritzy Americano," which tops equal parts espresso and orange juice with 5 ounces of sparkling water for a fizzy mocktail and the option to add 1.5 ounces of an Italian Aperitif for a cocktail. So, the question remains, are you ready to try a coffee and orange juice combination for yourself? If so, we recommend the following. Ingredients:
- 2 ounces Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Acaia, brewed as an espresso shot or strong drip.
- 4 ounces pulp-free orange juice
- 3 ounces sparkling water or sparkling orange soda
Floral LattesLatte art has been widely circulated and shared on social media for years. However, the newest viral coffee trend is taking the art of latte making to a whole new level with the addition of edible petals, flower-infused syrup, and milk. Lattes are made by combining a shot or two of espresso with steamed milk and optional sweeteners or flavored syrups. Coffee houses across the USA are jumping on the viral and photogenic trend that also made waves in the U.K. a few years ago with popular choices such as lavender oat milk, rose water cardamom, and butterfly pea flower-infused options. Try this trend by making your own floral honey and adding it to your coffee and steamed or frothed milk at home. Lavender-Infused Hawaiian Honey Latte
- 1 cup Hawaiian honey
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 6 oz. steamed milk
- 2-4 oz. Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Aunty Aloha 100% Hawaiian Coffee
- To make the honey add it to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through but not boiling.
- Remove the honey from the heat and stir in the dried lavender flowers.
- Cover the pan and set it aside for at least 24 hours to let the floral flavor infuse the honey.
- After 24 hours, strain the flowers from the honey and store it in a container of your choice.
- Brew 2 to 4 ounces of Kauai Coffee Estate Reserve Aunty Aloha Coffee.
- Add a tablespoon of the floral honey to your favorite milk and steam or froth it before adding it to your brewed coffee.
- Top your floral latte with a few crushed lavender blossoms for a picture-perfect effect.
Whipped CoffeeWho could forget the early quarantine whipped coffee trend that took the internet by storm in 2020? If you didn't get a chance to try the frothy sensation back then, now is the time to give it a shot. The viral whipped coffee took off first in Korea and rippled worldwide in record time due to increased social media usage at the onset of pandemic restrictions and lockdowns. While the viral version is made with equal parts instant coffee crystals, sugar, and water, similar results are possible with brewed coffee. Here's how you can recreate the whipped coffee trend at home with your favorite Kauai Coffee.
- 2 tablespoons concentrated Kauai Coffee or one shot prepared with an espresso machine or AeroPress.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1 serving of milk or milk alternative
- To make a whipped coffee with Kauai Coffee, first, you need to brew a very strong shot of coffee. We were successful with several methods but brewing with an espresso machine yielded the richest result. French Press and drip methods will also work, but you will need to reduce the coffee further after brewing. For all our tests, we used Kalaheo Estate Dark Roast. If you can brew with an espresso machine, skip to step three.
- If you brew with a French Press or drip method, prepare one strong cup, and then make a coffee concentrate by simmering the coffee in a shallow saucepan over medium heat until it has reduced by half.
- Once your espresso shot or coffee concentrate is ready, combine two tablespoons of the hot brew with two tablespoons of granulated sugar and a pinch of cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl. Cream of tartar is a common baking ingredient and acts as a stabilizer in meringues and other whipped cream desserts.
- Now for the fun part – whip it! Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or good old whisk to whip the coffee, sugar, and cream of tartar together. The more air you can whip into the sugar and coffee, the more light, fluffy, and luxurious your coffee foam will become. If you are using a whisk, be patient. Your coffee will get silky and frothy, but you may not get the same volume as a mechanical mixer. It will be delicious no matter which mixing method you use.
- Fill a clear glass with ice and pour in one serving of your favorite milk or milk alternative. Spoon the whipped coffee over the milk and sip to enjoy! Whipped coffee can be served over warm milk if you prefer your coffee hot.
Related Blog postsView all
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...
Our Coffee Starts with Kindness
November 13 is World Kindness Day. As the trade winds begin to cool and our harvest season winds down, now is a good time to reflect on what it means to cultivate coffee with kindness. At Kauai Cof...
Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn't resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats yo...
Kauai Coffee Sale and Visitor Donations Raise $31,000 for Maui Wildfire Relief Efforts
At Kauai Coffee Company, we've always believed in the power of coffee to bring people together. This National Coffee Day, we channeled that belief into action by launching a special sale and collec...
Brew Like a Roast Master
Is there anything that smells or tastes better than freshly roasted coffee? We think not! Roasting is both an art and a science that takes years to master. Our roast masters are the innovators resp...
Kauai Coffee Brewing Guide: Pour Over Method
If you're a coffee enthusiast and appreciate the rich flavors of 100% Hawaiian coffee, you're in for a treat! This comprehensive guide explores the art of brewing your favorite Kauai Coffee using t...
What does Fair Trade Certification™ Mean?
October is Fair Trade Month and a great time to learn more about what Fair Trade Certification™ really means for your favorite businesses and products. At Kauai Coffee, our commitment to sustainabi...
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back Again!
The calendar may say August, but our hearts say it's pumpkin season, which means Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back for a limited time! With subtle notes of cinnamon, caramel and pecan one sip will trans...