Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn't resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats you can make using your favorite Kauai Coffee. Have you used an Estate Update Blog recipe? Tell us how it went! Tag @kauaicoffeeco on Facebook and Instagram with your results.
Ghoulish Marshmallow Mocha
Have you seen the viral ghost cup making the rounds on social media? Take it up a notch with Kauai Coffee, chocolate chips and chocolate syrup for a ghoulishly good mocha!
- 1 cup of Kauai Coffee (brewed): We recommend something dark and bold like Poipu Estate Espresso Roast
- Frothed milk of choice
- 2-3 teaspoons marshmallow fluff
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup for garnish
- Clear insulated glass or mug
- Kitchen torch (optional)
- Brew your Kauai Coffee using your method of choice. French Press, pour-over, and AeroPress would work well for this recipe.
- Use a butter knife or the back of a spoon to spread marshmallow fluff into ghost-like shapes inside your clear insulated mug.
- Press three chocolate chips into each marshmallow ghost to create eyes and a mouth.
- Optional: Use a kitchen torch to gently toast the edges of each marshmallow ghoul. Make sure your mug is insulated and you are mindful of the glass and heat.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into the glass for a spooky and tasty effect.
- Combine brewed Kauai Coffee and milk in the prepared glass, sip, and enjoy.
Candy Apple Latte
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee (brewed) we recommend something with notes of spice or sweetness like Holiday Spice or Estate Reserve Typica
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Steamed milk of choice
- Whipped cream and honey
- Heat apple cider in a small saucepan on the stove
- In a mug, combine 1/2 cup of freshly brewed Kauai Coffee with hot apple cider
- Steam milk and pour into coffee and cider mixture
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with honey
Butterscotch Coffee Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kauai Coffee (brewed)
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, corn syrup and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and use a candy thermometer to bring the mixture to 230 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired temperature, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and coffee. You may also add a little more cream to get the consistency just right.
- Enjoy over ice cream, in your favorite coffee, or straight off the spoon!
Scary Good Kauai Coffee BrowniesIngredients
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee (brewed), plus 1 tablespoon finely ground Kauai Coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Halloween candy, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and combine with brewed Kauai Coffee and cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour and ground coffee into the egg and sugar mixture
- Once cooled, slowly pour the melted butter, coffee and cocoa into the large bowl containing flour, eggs and sugar.
- Gently fold in Halloween candy of choice and mix batter until smooth.
- Pour batter into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a cup of your favorite Kauai Coffee!
Related Blog postsView all
Coffee Flavor Profile: Chocolate and Cocoa
Every cup of Hawaiian coffee tells a story, narrated by the intricate symphony of factors that shape its flavor. Much like the celebrated complexity of wine or whisky, the flavor profile of a high-...
How to Grind Coffee Beans Like a Pro
Sipping a delicious cup of coffee in the morning is a delightful ritual for most Americans. From the first whiff of fresh Hawaiian coffee beans wafting from the package to the sounds of your percol...
Coffee for Two: Valentine’s Day Recipes
Being in the coffee business, we know a thing or two about love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships beg...
4 Easy Ways to Brew Hawaiian Coffee: Your Guide to a Perfect Cup
Imagine starting your day with a barista-quality cup of coffee brewed quickly and effortlessly in your own kitchen. At Kauai Coffee, we believe indulging in a perfect cup of Hawaiian coffee should ...
Behind the Beans: A Virtual Visit to Kauai Coffee
Nestled on the sun-kissed South Shore of Kauai, the Kauai Coffee Visitor Center is more than just an attraction; it's an immersive experience that will delight all your senses. Surrounded by 3,100 ...
Warm Up Winter With These Spiced Lattes
As winter embraces the northern hemisphere, even the tropical paradise of Kauai feels the shift. Here, winter is not marked by snow and ice but by heavy rain, cooler air and water temperatures. Thi...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
2023: A Year of Coffee, Community, and Connection at Kauai Coffee
As the sun sets on another year, we're brewing a cup of reflection and gratitude. Thanks to you, it's been a remarkable year. From the lush fields of our Kauai Estate to your cup, you've made 2023 ...
Discover the Best Hawaiian Coffee for Every Palate
Grown in unique microclimates and nutrient-rich volcanic soil, Hawaiian coffee boasts distinct flavor notes and characteristics that are celebrated worldwide. From crisp citrus and mellow florals t...
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...