Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
Candy Apple Cider LatteIngredients • 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee (brewed) we recommend something with notes of spice or sweetness like Holiday Spice or Estate Reserve Typica • 1/2 cup apple cider • Steamed milk of choice • Whipped cream and honey Directions 1. Heat apple cider in a small saucepan on the stove 2. In a mug, combine 1/2 cup of freshly brewed Kauai Coffee with hot apple cider 3. Steam milk and pour into coffee and cider mixture 4. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with honey
Broomsticks Butterscotch Coffee SauceIngredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kauai Coffee (brewed)
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, corn syrup and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and use a candy thermometer to bring the mixture to 234 degrees.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired temperature, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and coffee. You may also add a little more cream to get the consistency just right.
- Enjoy over ice cream, in your favorite coffee, or straight off the spoon!
Scary Good Kauai Coffee BrowniesIngredients
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee (brewed), plus 1 tablespoon finely ground Kauai Coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Halloween candy, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and combine with brewed Kauai Coffee and cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour and ground coffee into the egg and sugar mixture
- Once cooled, slowly pour the melted butter, coffee and cocoa into the large bowl containing flour, eggs and sugar.
- Gently fold in Halloween candy of choice and mix batter until smooth.
- Pour batter into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a cup of your favorite Kauai Coffee!
Related Blog postsView all
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back Again!
The calendar may say August, but our hearts say it's pumpkin season, which means Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back for a limited time! With subtle notes of cinnamon, caramel and pecan one sip will trans...
Vanilla Cinnamon Graham Cracker Latte Recipe
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on ou...
Inaugural Kauai 50 Showcases Unbreakable Spirit and Community Camaraderie
The rugged beauty of Kauai's landscape served as the backdrop for the inaugural Kauai 50, a grueling 50-mile trail race that brought together professional ultra runners and passionate enthusiasts a...
Four Ways to Enjoy Cold Coffee Before Summer Ends
As the summer season winds down, there's still time to savor the refreshing delight of cold coffee. Whether you're a coffee enthusiast or just looking for a cool pick-me-up, Kauai Coffee offers a f...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
Two Mango Coffee Recipes to Savor This Summer
Nothing tastes like summer as much as a ripe, juicy mango. Sweet and tangy, more than 500 varieties of mango grow across the Hawaiian Islands, making it a popular ingredient in summertime pies, cak...
Fair Trade Committee Empowers Island Community with Development Fund Distribution
More than $180,000 Distributed to Community Organizations and Employees Photo: Dennis Fujimoto / The Garden Island As the largest coffee farm in the USA, Kauai Coffee makes waves for growing exce...
Chocolate Macadamia Nut S'mores Latte
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on o...