No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your espresso over ice, this no-churn coffee ice cream recipe is a dreamy creamy delicacy you can enjoy on its own or layered into an easy, semi-homemade ice cream cake. Add your favorite ice cream toppings or mix-ins for an impressive island treat you can enjoy anytime.
Preparation: 30 minutes, Total Time: 8-9 hours
Coffee Ice Cream and Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kauai Coffee, cold brew or espresso
- 12 store bought ice cream sandwiches, cut in half crosswise*
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Koloa Rum Kauai Coffee Rum or coffee liquor
- Optional: Chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread
- Optional: Whipped topping
Coffee Ice Cream Cake Instructions
- Make the Kauai Coffee ice cream first. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the condensed milk, cooled Kauai Coffee, and coffee rum. We had the best results with cold-brewed coffee.
- Pour the no-churn ice cream mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Once your coffee ice cream is frozen remove it from the freezer to soften slightly. Then cut six store bought ice cream sandwiches in half and press them into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan to form the base of your cake.
- Top the base layer of ice cream sandwiches with half of the Kauai Coffee ice cream making sure to fill in the spaces between the ice cream sandwiches and bind them together. Layer in optional chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread here if desired.
- Cut the remaining six ice cream sandwiches in half and repeat the layering process until the spring form pan is full. (About two layers of coffee ice cream and two layers of sandwiches)
- Once assembled freeze your ice cream cake for at least two hours. When you are ready to serve, remove the ice cream cake from the springform pan and cover it with whipped topping, crushed cookies, or any optional topping of your choice. Dipping the springform pan into some warm water will help loosen the outer layer of the cake and release it from the pan.
Our 100% Kauai Coffees come from a select portion of our harvest. These premium Hawaiian coffee beans are roasted to perfection by our Roast Masters and enhanced with a hint of island-inspired natural flavoring. 100% Kauai Coffees make an excellent cup of coffee and are superb in this no-churn ice cream recipe. Try one of these unique tropical flavors today!
- Vanilla Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee with an essence of tropical vanilla bean and toasted macadamia nut. It's an authentic taste of Hawaii you'll love!
- Coconut Caramel Crunch – 100% Kauai Coffee with a hint of sweet, nutty caramel blended with tropical coconut. One sip and you'll be transported to paradise!
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with the flavor of rich milk chocolate and toasted macadamia nut. It's an island treat in every cup!
- Hawaiian Hazelnut – 100% Kauai Coffee with the richness of toasted hazelnuts. It's a classic coffee combination with an island twist!
- Salted Caramel - 100% Kauai Coffee with a touch of luscious caramel and a pinch of salt makes this the perfect morning or afternoon treat. Try it hot, iced, or in your ice cream cake!
- Toasty Banana Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with sweet, tropical banana, creamy vanilla, and a hint of hazelnuts. It's a warm hug in a mug, just like your favorite auntie's banana bread.
NotesThe store bought ice cream sandwiches used to create the base structure of this cake were square. When sliced they created a rectangle shape that was then pressed into the base of the tin in a circular pattern. Any shape ice cream sandwich should work well in this recipe, but you may need to slice rectangular sandwiches into more pieces. We also used the Coconut Caramel Crunch 100% Kauai Coffee for our ice cream.
Related Blog postsView all
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...
Our Coffee Starts with Kindness
November 13 is World Kindness Day. As the trade winds begin to cool and our harvest season winds down, now is a good time to reflect on what it means to cultivate coffee with kindness. At Kauai Cof...
Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn't resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats yo...
Kauai Coffee Sale and Visitor Donations Raise $31,000 for Maui Wildfire Relief Efforts
At Kauai Coffee Company, we've always believed in the power of coffee to bring people together. This National Coffee Day, we channeled that belief into action by launching a special sale and collec...
Brew Like a Roast Master
Is there anything that smells or tastes better than freshly roasted coffee? We think not! Roasting is both an art and a science that takes years to master. Our roast masters are the innovators resp...
Kauai Coffee Brewing Guide: Pour Over Method
If you're a coffee enthusiast and appreciate the rich flavors of 100% Hawaiian coffee, you're in for a treat! This comprehensive guide explores the art of brewing your favorite Kauai Coffee using t...
What does Fair Trade Certification™ Mean?
October is Fair Trade Month and a great time to learn more about what Fair Trade Certification™ really means for your favorite businesses and products. At Kauai Coffee, our commitment to sustainabi...
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...