No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Coffee Ice Cream and Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kauai Coffee, cold brew or espresso
- 12 store bought ice cream sandwiches, cut in half crosswise*
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Koloa Rum Kauai Coffee Rum or coffee liquor
- Optional: Chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread
- Optional: Whipped topping
Coffee Ice Cream Cake Instructions
- Make the Kauai Coffee ice cream first. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the condensed milk, cooled Kauai Coffee, and coffee rum. We had the best results with cold-brewed coffee.
- Pour the no-churn ice cream mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Once your coffee ice cream is frozen remove it from the freezer to soften slightly. Then cut six store bought ice cream sandwiches in half and press them into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan to form the base of your cake.
- Top the base layer of ice cream sandwiches with half of the Kauai Coffee ice cream making sure to fill in the spaces between the ice cream sandwiches and bind them together. Layer in optional chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread here if desired.
- Cut the remaining six ice cream sandwiches in half and repeat the layering process until the spring form pan is full. (About two layers of coffee ice cream and two layers of sandwiches)
- Once assembled freeze your ice cream cake for at least two hours. When you are ready to serve, remove the ice cream cake from the springform pan and cover it with whipped topping, crushed cookies, or any optional topping of your choice. Dipping the springform pan into some warm water will help loosen the outer layer of the cake and release it from the pan.
Coffee RecommendationsOur 100% Kauai Coffees come from a select portion of our harvest. These premium Hawaiian coffee beans are roasted to perfection by our Roast Masters and enhanced with a hint of island-inspired natural flavoring. 100% Kauai Coffees make an excellent cup of coffee and are superb in this no-churn ice cream recipe. Try one of these unique tropical flavors today! Vanilla Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee with an essence of tropical vanilla bean and toasted macadamia nut. It's an authentic taste of Hawaii you'll love! Coconut Caramel Crunch – 100% Kauai Coffee with a hint of sweet, nutty caramel blended with tropical coconut. One sip and you'll be transported to paradise! Chocolate Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with the flavor of rich milk chocolate and toasted macadamia nut. It's an island treat in every cup! Hawaiian Hazelnut – 100% Kauai Coffee with the richness of toasted hazelnuts. It's a classic coffee combination with an island twist! Salted Caramel - 100% Kauai Coffee with a touch of luscious caramel and a pinch of salt makes this the perfect morning or afternoon treat. Try it hot, iced, or in your ice cream cake! Toasty Banana Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with sweet, tropical banana, creamy vanilla, and a hint of hazelnuts. It's a warm hug in a mug, just like your favorite auntie's banana bread.
NotesThe store bought ice cream sandwiches used to create the base structure of this cake were square. When sliced they created a rectangle shape that was then pressed into the base of the tin in a circular pattern. Any shape ice cream sandwich should work well in this recipe, but you may need to slice rectangular sandwiches into more pieces. We also used the Coconut Caramel Crunch 100% Kauai Coffee for our ice cream.
Related Blog postsView all
Savor the Season with Kauai Coffee's Brewberry Crumble
Three Delicious Blueberry Coffee Recipes to Make This Summer Summer is almost here, which means our seasonal sensation, Brewberry Crumble, is back for a limited time. This delightful 100% Hawaiian ...
The Ultimate June Gift Guide: Coffee Delights for Dads, Grads, Brides, and Grooms
June is full of special occasions and celebrations, from Father's Day to graduations, weddings, and anniversaries. What better way to honor and delight the dads, grads, brides, and grooms in your l...
How to Cold Brew Decaf and Caffeinated Coffee
Temperatures are rising and cold brew coffee season is upon us once again! If you're ready to indulge in a smooth and satisfying alternative to your regular hot cup of coffee, look no further than ...
What is the Coffee Taster’s Flavor Wheel?
The Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel is a guide used by coffee professionals to evaluate the flavors and aromas present in coffee. The Specialty Coffee Association created the flavor wheel and standar...
Taste Paradise with Tropical Coffee from Kauai
Coffee comes from a tropical plant. Therefore, it is not surprising that many bright and flavorful notes associated with tropical ingredients are found in coffee. Tropical coffee like ours also pai...
The Best Coffee Gifts for Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is almost here. Even though we like to celebrate 'ohana every day at Kauai Coffee, there is something special about showing the remarkable women in your life how much you care on a day...
Ultimate Guide to 100% Hawaiian Coffee
100% Hawaiian coffee is highly regarded and adored by coffee connoisseurs worldwide. Even though Hawaii is the only U.S. state with a thriving commercial coffee industry, Hawaiian-grown coffee is r...
Kauai Coffee Takes First Place in 2023 HAWAII Magazine Readers' Choice Awards
Thanks to you, Kauai Coffee has been voted the Best Coffee Grower in the All Islands category of the 2023 HAWAI'I Magazine Readers' Choice Awards for the ninth year in a row! More than 100,000 read...
What is Blue Mountain Coffee?
When it comes to the most sought-after types of coffee, the Jamaican Blue Mountain varietal is often placed at the top of the list because it is one of the world's rarest and most expensive coffees...
Everything You Need to Know About Decaf Coffee
Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant found in the leaves, seeds, and fruit of many plant species, including coffee. If you're a part of the 83% of US adults that enjoy starting the day with...
Homemade Irish Coffee Creamer
It's our favorite time of year once again! The rainy season is on its way out, the coffee orchard is about to bloom, and the newest crop of coffee will burst onto branches soon! Of course, it's als...