No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Coffee Ice Cream and Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kauai Coffee, cold brew or espresso
- 12 store bought ice cream sandwiches, cut in half crosswise*
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Koloa Rum Kauai Coffee Rum or coffee liquor
- Optional: Chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread
- Optional: Whipped topping
Coffee Ice Cream Cake Instructions
- Make the Kauai Coffee ice cream first. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the condensed milk, cooled Kauai Coffee, and coffee rum. We had the best results with cold-brewed coffee.
- Pour the no-churn ice cream mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Once your coffee ice cream is frozen remove it from the freezer to soften slightly. Then cut six store bought ice cream sandwiches in half and press them into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan to form the base of your cake.
- Top the base layer of ice cream sandwiches with half of the Kauai Coffee ice cream making sure to fill in the spaces between the ice cream sandwiches and bind them together. Layer in optional chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread here if desired.
- Cut the remaining six ice cream sandwiches in half and repeat the layering process until the spring form pan is full. (About two layers of coffee ice cream and two layers of sandwiches)
- Once assembled freeze your ice cream cake for at least two hours. When you are ready to serve, remove the ice cream cake from the springform pan and cover it with whipped topping, crushed cookies, or any optional topping of your choice. Dipping the springform pan into some warm water will help loosen the outer layer of the cake and release it from the pan.
Coffee RecommendationsOur 100% Kauai Coffees come from a select portion of our harvest. These premium Hawaiian coffee beans are roasted to perfection by our Roast Masters and enhanced with a hint of island-inspired natural flavoring. 100% Kauai Coffees make an excellent cup of coffee and are superb in this no-churn ice cream recipe. Try one of these unique tropical flavors today! Vanilla Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee with an essence of tropical vanilla bean and toasted macadamia nut. It's an authentic taste of Hawaii you'll love! Coconut Caramel Crunch – 100% Kauai Coffee with a hint of sweet, nutty caramel blended with tropical coconut. One sip and you'll be transported to paradise! Chocolate Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with the flavor of rich milk chocolate and toasted macadamia nut. It's an island treat in every cup! Hawaiian Hazelnut – 100% Kauai Coffee with the richness of toasted hazelnuts. It's a classic coffee combination with an island twist! Salted Caramel - 100% Kauai Coffee with a touch of luscious caramel and a pinch of salt makes this the perfect morning or afternoon treat. Try it hot, iced, or in your ice cream cake! Toasty Banana Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with sweet, tropical banana, creamy vanilla, and a hint of hazelnuts. It's a warm hug in a mug, just like your favorite auntie's banana bread.
NotesThe store bought ice cream sandwiches used to create the base structure of this cake were square. When sliced they created a rectangle shape that was then pressed into the base of the tin in a circular pattern. Any shape ice cream sandwich should work well in this recipe, but you may need to slice rectangular sandwiches into more pieces. We also used the Coconut Caramel Crunch 100% Kauai Coffee for our ice cream.
Related Blog postsView all
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...
Medium Roast Coffee Guide
Roasting transforms fresh coffee beans into the fragrant and delicious coffee you grind and brew daily. Light, medium, and dark are the most common words used to describe coffee roast profiles, but...
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kauai Coffee
How well do you know Kauai Coffee? Test your knowledge with these ten fun facts. You'll learn everything from our sweet beginnings to the varietals we grow and the unique custom art you can find at...
How to Cold Brew Coffee Like a Pro (and 4 recipes to try right now!)
Summer is here and so is cold brew coffee-sipping season! As temperatures soar, nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold 100% Hawaiian coffee to cool you down. We love cold brew coffee so much w...
Bright and Citrusy Coffees that Taste Like Summer
It's officially summer and the season of all things light and refreshing! With temperatures rising, it's no wonder citrusy coffee drinks are trending on social media and coffee shops around the cou...
7 Interesting Facts About Hawaiian Coffee
Rich, alluring, unique – these are just a few words you can use to describe a piping hot cup of Hawaiian coffee. With temperate weather, ideal growing conditions, and a broad range of tasting notes...
No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your esp...
Six Scenic Spots to Sip Kauai Coffee
Mountains draped in a lush green curtain of tropical forests, jagged cliffs plunging into deep blue seas, and cascading waterfalls make the island of Kauai one of the most beautiful places on plan...