No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Coffee Ice Cream and Cake Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kauai Coffee, cold brew or espresso
- 12 store bought ice cream sandwiches, cut in half crosswise*
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Koloa Rum Kauai Coffee Rum or coffee liquor
- Optional: Chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread
- Optional: Whipped topping
Coffee Ice Cream Cake Instructions
- Make the Kauai Coffee ice cream first. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the condensed milk, cooled Kauai Coffee, and coffee rum. We had the best results with cold-brewed coffee.
- Pour the no-churn ice cream mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Once your coffee ice cream is frozen remove it from the freezer to soften slightly. Then cut six store bought ice cream sandwiches in half and press them into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan to form the base of your cake.
- Top the base layer of ice cream sandwiches with half of the Kauai Coffee ice cream making sure to fill in the spaces between the ice cream sandwiches and bind them together. Layer in optional chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread here if desired.
- Cut the remaining six ice cream sandwiches in half and repeat the layering process until the spring form pan is full. (About two layers of coffee ice cream and two layers of sandwiches)
- Once assembled freeze your ice cream cake for at least two hours. When you are ready to serve, remove the ice cream cake from the springform pan and cover it with whipped topping, crushed cookies, or any optional topping of your choice. Dipping the springform pan into some warm water will help loosen the outer layer of the cake and release it from the pan.
Coffee RecommendationsOur 100% Kauai Coffees come from a select portion of our harvest. These premium Hawaiian coffee beans are roasted to perfection by our Roast Masters and enhanced with a hint of island-inspired natural flavoring. 100% Kauai Coffees make an excellent cup of coffee and are superb in this no-churn ice cream recipe. Try one of these unique tropical flavors today! Vanilla Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee with an essence of tropical vanilla bean and toasted macadamia nut. It's an authentic taste of Hawaii you'll love! Coconut Caramel Crunch – 100% Kauai Coffee with a hint of sweet, nutty caramel blended with tropical coconut. One sip and you'll be transported to paradise! Chocolate Macadamia Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with the flavor of rich milk chocolate and toasted macadamia nut. It's an island treat in every cup! Hawaiian Hazelnut – 100% Kauai Coffee with the richness of toasted hazelnuts. It's a classic coffee combination with an island twist! Salted Caramel - 100% Kauai Coffee with a touch of luscious caramel and a pinch of salt makes this the perfect morning or afternoon treat. Try it hot, iced, or in your ice cream cake! Toasty Banana Nut – 100% Kauai Coffee combined with sweet, tropical banana, creamy vanilla, and a hint of hazelnuts. It's a warm hug in a mug, just like your favorite auntie's banana bread.
NotesThe store bought ice cream sandwiches used to create the base structure of this cake were square. When sliced they created a rectangle shape that was then pressed into the base of the tin in a circular pattern. Any shape ice cream sandwich should work well in this recipe, but you may need to slice rectangular sandwiches into more pieces. We also used the Coconut Caramel Crunch 100% Kauai Coffee for our ice cream.
Related Blog postsView all
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...
Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we're happy to celebrate! Chocolate and coffee are complimentary flavors that bring out the best in each other. The deep, rich, and nutty notes o...