Coffee Lover’s Date Night Three Course Menu
Drinks and AppetizersNo date night meal is complete without a first course. Wow your loved one with a smooth and rich espresso martini and savory coffee crackers paired with a selection of aged cheeses. Espresso Martini - Makes two servings Ingredients:
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Koloa Kauai Coffee Rum
- 2 ounces Kauai Coffee Poipu Estate Espresso Roast, brewed and chilled
- Ice for shaker
- Optional: one ounce simple syrup or macadamia nut syrup for additional sweetness and flavor
- Add the vodka, Koloa Kauai Coffee Rum, Poipu Estate Espresso Roast Coffee, and optional syrup into a martini shaker with ice.
- Shake the ingredients vigorously until well chilled
- Strain into two chilled cocktail or martini glasses. Serve over ice if desired.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking flaked oats or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons Kauai Coffee, brewed and chilled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8th teaspoon each of flaky sea salt, black pepper, and finely ground coffee to garnish crackers before baking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine flour, oats, and seasoning in a large mixing bowl
- Cut in the cold, cubed butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture is the texture of coarse sand
- Add brewed Kauai Coffee and honey and gently knead until dough forms
- Sprinkle flour onto a work surface and roll out dough to 1/8th of an inch. The thinner the cracker, the crisper it will be
- Cut out desired shapes with a cookie cutter or knife; we like a scallop-edge cookie cutter, sprinkle a pinch of the salt, pepper, and ground coffee garnish over the crackers, and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Less time may be required for thinner crackers, so watch them carefully while baking
- Cool crackers completely and enjoy with a selection of aged cheeses and charcuterie. Parmesan, asiago, and aged cheddar are delicious with these savory coffee crackers
Main CourseLet the coffee courses continue! Delight your love with a salad of fresh vegetables dressed in Kauai Coffee vinaigrette and slow cooked coffee-braised short ribs. Kauai Coffee Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. strong Kauai Coffee (brewed)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Hawaiian sea salt and pepper to taste
- Brew one cup of strong Kauai Coffee. Reserve two tablespoons and enjoy the rest! We recommend using any Kauai Cold Brew you have on hand or a robust dark roast like the Estate Reserve Mundo Novo Dark Roast
- Add garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, pomegranate juice, coffee, mustard, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk vigorously until dressing comes together.
- Serve over a fresh green salad or grilled vegetables. Extra dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
- 4 pounds, bone-in, English cut (2-3 inches thick) short ribs
- 1 cup Kauai Coffee, brewed
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh red chiles, seeded to taste (Fresno, Hawaiian or Thai chilies work well)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons dried chili powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Turn on the slow cooker and set it to the high setting
- Add chopped onion, red pepper, garlic, Hawaiian chili, ancho chili powder, honey, and apple cider vinegar to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth and combined.
- Pat ribs dry and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet until shimmery and brown ribs in batches (about 4 minutes per batch).
- Once seared, place short ribs into the slow cooker and pour the sauce from the blender into the hot pan used to sear the ribs. Be careful as some splattering can occur.
- Cook the pureed sauce over medium heat, occasionally stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the brewed coffee and beef stock to the sauce and bring it to a gentle boil and reduce slightly
- Pour sauce over the seared ribs in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 3.5 to 4 hours or until fork-tender
DessertDate night dinners are all about dessert, and nothing makes it more delicious than fresh, island-grown coffee. This elegant and easy affogato requires no baking and can be made with your favorite ice cream or gelato for a custom treat your loved one will adore. Kauai Coffee Affogato - makes two servings Ingredients:
- 4 scoops vanilla bean gelato (or your personal favorite!)
- 2 ounces Kauai Coffee, brewed as an espresso
- Fill two chilled glasses with two scoops of gelato each
- Pour one ounce of freshly brewed Kauai Coffee over the gelato in each glass and enjoy!
Kauai Coffee Date Night Menu RecommendationsNot sure which coffees to try with each recipe? Here are a few suggestions, Espresso martini: Poipu Estate Espresso Roast or Chocolate Macadamia Nut - subtly sweet and nutty pairs well with the coffee rum! Savory coffee crackers: Rooster Alarm - the rich, bold, sweet molasses and malty finish complements the savory and slightly oat-y biscuit texture of the crackers Coffee vinaigrette and braised short ribs: Kauai Coffee Mundo Novo and Estate Roast - Mundo Novo is crisp and bold with woody, nutty undertones. Estate Roast is bright and floral Affogato: Polihale Sunset - Sweet and bright with subtle hints of baker’s cocoa and vanilla bean
Related Blog postsView all
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...
Medium Roast Coffee Guide
Roasting transforms fresh coffee beans into the fragrant and delicious coffee you grind and brew daily. Light, medium, and dark are the most common words used to describe coffee roast profiles, but...
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kauai Coffee
How well do you know Kauai Coffee? Test your knowledge with these ten fun facts. You'll learn everything from our sweet beginnings to the varietals we grow and the unique custom art you can find at...
How to Cold Brew Coffee Like a Pro (and 4 recipes to try right now!)
Summer is here and so is cold brew coffee-sipping season! As temperatures soar, nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold 100% Hawaiian coffee to cool you down. We love cold brew coffee so much w...
Bright and Citrusy Coffees that Taste Like Summer
It's officially summer and the season of all things light and refreshing! With temperatures rising, it's no wonder citrusy coffee drinks are trending on social media and coffee shops around the cou...
7 Interesting Facts About Hawaiian Coffee
Rich, alluring, unique – these are just a few words you can use to describe a piping hot cup of Hawaiian coffee. With temperate weather, ideal growing conditions, and a broad range of tasting notes...
No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your esp...
Six Scenic Spots to Sip Kauai Coffee
Mountains draped in a lush green curtain of tropical forests, jagged cliffs plunging into deep blue seas, and cascading waterfalls make the island of Kauai one of the most beautiful places on plan...