Kauai Coffee Thanksgiving Coffee Rub Recipe
Sweet and Savory Kauai Coffee Rub
- ¼ cup finely ground Kauai Coffee (we recommend a bright, floral and buttery dark roast coffee like the Poipu Estate Reserve or Kauai Blue Mountain Reserve)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or red chili flakes
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Rub can be stored in a sealed jar for up to 6 months.
Kauai Coffee Rub Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- Defrost a 10-12 lb. turkey and pat dry.
- Place turkey in roasting pan and coat with 2-3 tablespoons of softened butter. Be sure to place some pieces of butter underneath the skin for a crispier texture.
- Sprinkle Kauai Coffee rub seasoning over the turkey and evenly distribute all over the outside and inside of the cavity.
- Optional: Add 2-3 cups of water or stock to your roasting pan and add aromatics of your choice (chopped onion, lemon or fresh herbs) inside the cavity of the turkey for roasting.
- Roast turkey according to instructions or approximately 13 minutes per pound in a 450 degree oven until the meat reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
Related Blog postsView all
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...
Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we're happy to celebrate! Chocolate and coffee are complimentary flavors that bring out the best in each other. The deep, rich, and nutty notes o...