Kauai Coffee Thanksgiving Coffee Rub Recipe
Sweet and Savory Kauai Coffee Rub
- ¼ cup finely ground Kauai Coffee (we recommend a bright, floral and buttery dark roast coffee like the Poipu Estate Reserve or Kauai Blue Mountain Reserve)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or red chili flakes
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Rub can be stored in a sealed jar for up to 6 months.
Kauai Coffee Rub Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe
- Defrost a 10-12 lb. turkey and pat dry.
- Place turkey in roasting pan and coat with 2-3 tablespoons of softened butter. Be sure to place some pieces of butter underneath the skin for a crispier texture.
- Sprinkle Kauai Coffee rub seasoning over the turkey and evenly distribute all over the outside and inside of the cavity.
- Optional: Add 2-3 cups of water or stock to your roasting pan and add aromatics of your choice (chopped onion, lemon or fresh herbs) inside the cavity of the turkey for roasting.
- Roast turkey according to instructions or approximately 13 minutes per pound in a 450 degree oven until the meat reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
Related Blog postsView all
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back Again!
The calendar may say August, but our hearts say it's pumpkin season, which means Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back for a limited time! With subtle notes of cinnamon, caramel and pecan one sip will trans...
Vanilla Cinnamon Graham Cracker Latte Recipe
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on ou...
Inaugural Kauai 50 Showcases Unbreakable Spirit and Community Camaraderie
The rugged beauty of Kauai's landscape served as the backdrop for the inaugural Kauai 50, a grueling 50-mile trail race that brought together professional ultra runners and passionate enthusiasts a...
Four Ways to Enjoy Cold Coffee Before Summer Ends
As the summer season winds down, there's still time to savor the refreshing delight of cold coffee. Whether you're a coffee enthusiast or just looking for a cool pick-me-up, Kauai Coffee offers a f...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
Two Mango Coffee Recipes to Savor This Summer
Nothing tastes like summer as much as a ripe, juicy mango. Sweet and tangy, more than 500 varieties of mango grow across the Hawaiian Islands, making it a popular ingredient in summertime pies, cak...
Fair Trade Committee Empowers Island Community with Development Fund Distribution
More than $180,000 Distributed to Community Organizations and Employees Photo: Dennis Fujimoto / The Garden Island As the largest coffee farm in the USA, Kauai Coffee makes waves for growing exce...
Chocolate Macadamia Nut S'mores Latte
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on o...