Hawaiian Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- 1 15 oz. can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped, toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks of unsalted, sweet cream butter
- parchment paper
- cupcake wrappers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cool whip
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9 x 12 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the pureed pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the box of dry yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture in an even layer and top with chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the cake mix over the chopped nuts.
- Melt the butter and pour evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake the pumpkin crunch at 350-degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- When cool, loosen the pumpkin crunch from the side of the pan and invert the pan onto a tray.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, whipped topping, and sugar and spread on top of cooled pumpkin crunch. Top with more chopped nuts, cut into squares and serve in cupcake holders.
Related Blog postsView all
The Ultimate June Gift Guide: Coffee Delights for Dads, Grads, Brides, and Grooms
June is full of special occasions and celebrations, from Father's Day to graduations, weddings, and anniversaries. What better way to honor and delight the dads, grads, brides, and grooms in your l...
How to Cold Brew Decaf and Caffeinated Coffee
Temperatures are rising and cold brew coffee season is upon us once again! If you're ready to indulge in a smooth and satisfying alternative to your regular hot cup of coffee, look no further than ...
What is the Coffee Taster’s Flavor Wheel?
The Coffee Taster's Flavor Wheel is a guide used by coffee professionals to evaluate the flavors and aromas present in coffee. The Specialty Coffee Association created the flavor wheel and standar...
Taste Paradise with Tropical Coffee from Kauai
Coffee comes from a tropical plant. Therefore, it is not surprising that many bright and flavorful notes associated with tropical ingredients are found in coffee. Tropical coffee like ours also pai...
The Best Coffee Gifts for Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is almost here. Even though we like to celebrate 'ohana every day at Kauai Coffee, there is something special about showing the remarkable women in your life how much you care on a day...
Ultimate Guide to 100% Hawaiian Coffee
100% Hawaiian coffee is highly regarded and adored by coffee connoisseurs worldwide. Even though Hawaii is the only U.S. state with a thriving commercial coffee industry, Hawaiian-grown coffee is r...
Kauai Coffee Takes First Place in 2023 HAWAII Magazine Readers' Choice Awards
Thanks to you, Kauai Coffee has been voted the Best Coffee Grower in the All Islands category of the 2023 HAWAI'I Magazine Readers' Choice Awards for the ninth year in a row! More than 100,000 read...
What is Blue Mountain Coffee?
When it comes to the most sought-after types of coffee, the Jamaican Blue Mountain varietal is often placed at the top of the list because it is one of the world's rarest and most expensive coffees...
Everything You Need to Know About Decaf Coffee
Caffeine is a naturally occurring stimulant found in the leaves, seeds, and fruit of many plant species, including coffee. If you're a part of the 83% of US adults that enjoy starting the day with...
Homemade Irish Coffee Creamer
It's our favorite time of year once again! The rainy season is on its way out, the coffee orchard is about to bloom, and the newest crop of coffee will burst onto branches soon! Of course, it's als...
All About Coffee Flowers
Coffee comes from a pretty spectacular plant. Not just because it produces the wonderful little seed that makes our favorite beverage, but also because it is a beautiful flowering tree that erupts ...