Hawaiian Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- 1 15 oz. can of pureed pumpkin
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped, toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks of unsalted, sweet cream butter
- parchment paper
- cupcake wrappers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cool whip
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9 x 12 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the pureed pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the box of dry yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture in an even layer and top with chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the cake mix over the chopped nuts.
- Melt the butter and pour evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake the pumpkin crunch at 350-degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- When cool, loosen the pumpkin crunch from the side of the pan and invert the pan onto a tray.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, whipped topping, and sugar and spread on top of cooled pumpkin crunch. Top with more chopped nuts, cut into squares and serve in cupcake holders.
Related Blog postsView all
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...
Our Coffee Starts with Kindness
November 13 is World Kindness Day. As the trade winds begin to cool and our harvest season winds down, now is a good time to reflect on what it means to cultivate coffee with kindness. At Kauai Cof...
Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn't resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats yo...
Kauai Coffee Sale and Visitor Donations Raise $31,000 for Maui Wildfire Relief Efforts
At Kauai Coffee Company, we've always believed in the power of coffee to bring people together. This National Coffee Day, we channeled that belief into action by launching a special sale and collec...
Brew Like a Roast Master
Is there anything that smells or tastes better than freshly roasted coffee? We think not! Roasting is both an art and a science that takes years to master. Our roast masters are the innovators resp...
Kauai Coffee Brewing Guide: Pour Over Method
If you're a coffee enthusiast and appreciate the rich flavors of 100% Hawaiian coffee, you're in for a treat! This comprehensive guide explores the art of brewing your favorite Kauai Coffee using t...
What does Fair Trade Certification™ Mean?
October is Fair Trade Month and a great time to learn more about what Fair Trade Certification™ really means for your favorite businesses and products. At Kauai Coffee, our commitment to sustainabi...
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...