Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accompaniment and ingredient that will make all your favorite holiday delicacies taste like paradise.
If you love Kauai Coffee a latte, try it in this Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake. This buttery cake is rich, spiced just right, and topped with a luxurious Kauai Coffee buttercream frosting that will surprise and delight the harshest coffee critics. Serve a slice with a freshly brewed cup of Kauai Coffee for a double island-inspired delight!
For the cake:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 rounded cups of sifted cake flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites, beaten until stiff peaks form
For the frosting:
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. Kauai Coffee beans (dark roast recommended. Try Typica Dark, Mundo Novo, or a Holiday Blend with 50% dark roasted beans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a bundt pan by greasing the sides and center well with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over mix. Egg whites should retain some moisture and not be dry.
- Set the egg whites aside and wipe out the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of butter to the stand mixer and beat on medium-high until the butter is light and airy.
- Gradually add the sugar and vanilla extract to the butter and continue to beat on medium until fluffy, pale in color, and well combined.
- Once the butter and sugar are combined, alternate adding the dry ingredients and eggnog to create a thick batter.
- When all dry ingredients and eggnog have been incorporated, use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the batter gently.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bundt pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- While the cake is baking, make the Kauai Coffee buttercream frosting. Start by lightly crushing 2-3 tablespoons of Kauai Coffee beans with a mortar and pestle or with a rolling pin and plastic bag.
- Add the crushed beans and milk to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Once the milk reaches a simmer, remove it from the heat and set it aside to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Using a mesh colander, strain the coffee beans out of the milk.
- In a mixer, beat the butter until pale and fluffy. Gradually alternate powdered sugar and coffee milk into the butter mixture until the frosting is desired consistency.
- Pipe or lavishly frost the cooled bundt cake with coffee buttercream and decorate with festive sprinkles or candy.
- Serve with a hot cup of Kauai Coffee and enjoy.
Related Blog postsView all
Coffee Flavor Profile: Chocolate and Cocoa
Every cup of Hawaiian coffee tells a story, narrated by the intricate symphony of factors that shape its flavor. Much like the celebrated complexity of wine or whisky, the flavor profile of a high-...
How to Grind Coffee Beans Like a Pro
Sipping a delicious cup of coffee in the morning is a delightful ritual for most Americans. From the first whiff of fresh Hawaiian coffee beans wafting from the package to the sounds of your percol...
Coffee for Two: Valentine’s Day Recipes
Being in the coffee business, we know a thing or two about love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships beg...
4 Easy Ways to Brew Hawaiian Coffee: Your Guide to a Perfect Cup
Imagine starting your day with a barista-quality cup of coffee brewed quickly and effortlessly in your own kitchen. At Kauai Coffee, we believe indulging in a perfect cup of Hawaiian coffee should ...
Behind the Beans: A Virtual Visit to Kauai Coffee
Nestled on the sun-kissed South Shore of Kauai, the Kauai Coffee Visitor Center is more than just an attraction; it's an immersive experience that will delight all your senses. Surrounded by 3,100 ...
Warm Up Winter With These Spiced Lattes
As winter embraces the northern hemisphere, even the tropical paradise of Kauai feels the shift. Here, winter is not marked by snow and ice but by heavy rain, cooler air and water temperatures. Thi...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
2023: A Year of Coffee, Community, and Connection at Kauai Coffee
As the sun sets on another year, we're brewing a cup of reflection and gratitude. Thanks to you, it's been a remarkable year. From the lush fields of our Kauai Estate to your cup, you've made 2023 ...
Discover the Best Hawaiian Coffee for Every Palate
Grown in unique microclimates and nutrient-rich volcanic soil, Hawaiian coffee boasts distinct flavor notes and characteristics that are celebrated worldwide. From crisp citrus and mellow florals t...
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...