Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accompaniment and ingredient that will make all your favorite holiday delicacies taste like paradise.
If you love Kauai Coffee a latte, try it in this Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake. This buttery cake is rich, spiced just right, and topped with a luxurious Kauai Coffee buttercream frosting that will surprise and delight the harshest coffee critics. Serve a slice with a freshly brewed cup of Kauai Coffee for a double island-inspired delight!
For the cake:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 rounded cups of sifted cake flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites, beaten until stiff peaks form
For the frosting:
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. Kauai Coffee beans (dark roast recommended. Try Typica Dark, Mundo Novo, or a Holiday Blend with 50% dark roasted beans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a bundt pan by greasing the sides and center well with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over mix. Egg whites should retain some moisture and not be dry.
- Set the egg whites aside and wipe out the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of butter to the stand mixer and beat on medium-high until the butter is light and airy.
- Gradually add the sugar and vanilla extract to the butter and continue to beat on medium until fluffy, pale in color, and well combined.
- Once the butter and sugar are combined, alternate adding the dry ingredients and eggnog to create a thick batter.
- When all dry ingredients and eggnog have been incorporated, use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the batter gently.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bundt pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- While the cake is baking, make the Kauai Coffee buttercream frosting. Start by lightly crushing 2-3 tablespoons of Kauai Coffee beans with a mortar and pestle or with a rolling pin and plastic bag.
- Add the crushed beans and milk to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Once the milk reaches a simmer, remove it from the heat and set it aside to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Using a mesh colander, strain the coffee beans out of the milk.
- In a mixer, beat the butter until pale and fluffy. Gradually alternate powdered sugar and coffee milk into the butter mixture until the frosting is desired consistency.
- Pipe or lavishly frost the cooled bundt cake with coffee buttercream and decorate with festive sprinkles or candy.
- Serve with a hot cup of Kauai Coffee and enjoy.
Related Blog postsView all
Kauai Coffee Brewing Method Guide
Hawaiian coffee is known worldwide for its unique flavor and distinct aroma. Our tropical climate, warm temperatures, abundant rainfall, and rich volcanic soil provide the perfect conditions for gr...
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...