Coconut Caramel Crunch Coffee Cake
IngredientsFor the caramel crumble filling/topping:
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup caramel-coated macadamia nuts, chopped (see caramel recipe below)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Coconut Caramel Crunch Kauai Coffee, cooled.
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Make the caramel-coated macadamia nuts: Melt the butter, sugar, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat, add chopped macadamia nuts, and stir to coat.
- Spread the coated macadamia nuts onto a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, roughly chop again to break up large clusters.
Make the crumble filling/topping: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter, toasted coconut, and caramel-coated macadamia nuts.
- Gently mix ingredients with your hands until the texture resembles Kauai beach sand. Place in refrigerator until cake is ready to top.
Make the cake:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or bundt pan that is at least 4 inches deep.
- In a bowl or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Beat eggs into mixture one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with the sour cream and coffee.
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut into the batter until it is well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle half of the crunchy topping on top.
- Layer in the remaining batter and top with more crumble.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you are using a shallow 9x13 baking dish, check the cake at 30 or 40 minutes.
- Serve with a cup of your favorite 100% Kauai Coffee and enjoy!
Related Blog postsView all
The Best Flavored Coffee Comes From Kauai
Preparing a cup of coffee just the way you like it is one of life's simple pleasures. From the scent of freshly roasted beans to the buzz of the grinder and the gentle drip of java hitting the pot,...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you’ve walked into your local coffee shop and seen peaberry on the menu, you may be wondering what it is and why it can be one of the most expensive items available. If these questions have cros...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious...
From Coffee Farm to Front Door
Have you ever reached for your morning cup of coffee and wondered how it got from the farm to your mug? It's a journey that takes years from seed to cup. Discover what it takes to grow coffee in Ha...
Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Even though the new school year is getting underway, and fall is around the corner, we're not quite ready to see summer go. If you're feeling the same way, savor the last leg of summer with a taste...
Medium Roast Coffee Guide
Roasting transforms fresh coffee beans into the fragrant and delicious coffee you grind and brew daily. Light, medium, and dark are the most common words used to describe coffee roast profiles, but...
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kauai Coffee
How well do you know Kauai Coffee? Test your knowledge with these ten fun facts. You'll learn everything from our sweet beginnings to the varietals we grow and the unique custom art you can find at...
How to Cold Brew Coffee Like a Pro (and 4 recipes to try right now!)
Summer is here and so is cold brew coffee-sipping season! As temperatures soar, nothing is more refreshing than an ice-cold 100% Hawaiian coffee to cool you down. We love cold brew coffee so much w...
Bright and Citrusy Coffees that Taste Like Summer
It's officially summer and the season of all things light and refreshing! With temperatures rising, it's no wonder citrusy coffee drinks are trending on social media and coffee shops around the cou...
7 Interesting Facts About Hawaiian Coffee
Rich, alluring, unique – these are just a few words you can use to describe a piping hot cup of Hawaiian coffee. With temperate weather, ideal growing conditions, and a broad range of tasting notes...
No-Churn Kauai Coffee Ice Cream Cake
Summer is almost here, but temperatures are already on the rise nationwide. That means it's time to enjoy your coffee on the cooler side! Whether you like to cold brew your coffee or serve your esp...