Iced Kauai Coffee with a Tropical Twist
IngredientsMakes two servings
- 2 cups strong Kauai Coffee, brewed
- 1/2 cup of ginger-infused, sweetened condensed milk (recipe below)
- 2 16oz. cups filled with ice
- 2 - 4 tablespoons evaporated milk or heavy cream (optional)
- Brew two cups of your favorite Kauai Coffee. We recommend a dark roast and brewing with a French press or drip method. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of ground coffee than you usually would for a bolder, richer flavor.
- Mix brewed coffee with 1/4 cup of the ginger-infused sweetened condensed milk and stir until dissolved.
- Refrigerate the coffee and condensed milk mixture until cool.
- Fill two 16oz. cups with ice and pour cooled coffee over ice. Top with heavy cream or evaporated milk and enjoy!
Ginger-infused sweetened condensed milkAny store-bought sweetened condensed milk will work in this Thai-inspired recipe, but the addition of cardamom and other aromatic spices to the beverages sold from bustling carts across Thailand makes the coffee even more delectable. Making your own sweetened condensed milk infused with spices commonly grown in Hawaii is easy and will add another level of flavor to your beverage.
- 2 cups whole milk or full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- Add milk, sugar, and ginger to a small saucepan
- Heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium and gently simmer for 30 minutes or until the milk has thickened.
- Once reduced, pour milk through a fine strainer to remove ginger and into a glass jar or container.
- Refrigerate until cool, and use it in your favorite coffee beverages. Condensed milk will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Related Blog postsView all
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back Again!
The calendar may say August, but our hearts say it's pumpkin season, which means Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back for a limited time! With subtle notes of cinnamon, caramel and pecan one sip will trans...
Vanilla Cinnamon Graham Cracker Latte Recipe
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on ou...
Inaugural Kauai 50 Showcases Unbreakable Spirit and Community Camaraderie
The rugged beauty of Kauai's landscape served as the backdrop for the inaugural Kauai 50, a grueling 50-mile trail race that brought together professional ultra runners and passionate enthusiasts a...
Four Ways to Enjoy Cold Coffee Before Summer Ends
As the summer season winds down, there's still time to savor the refreshing delight of cold coffee. Whether you're a coffee enthusiast or just looking for a cool pick-me-up, Kauai Coffee offers a f...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
Two Mango Coffee Recipes to Savor This Summer
Nothing tastes like summer as much as a ripe, juicy mango. Sweet and tangy, more than 500 varieties of mango grow across the Hawaiian Islands, making it a popular ingredient in summertime pies, cak...
Fair Trade Committee Empowers Island Community with Development Fund Distribution
More than $180,000 Distributed to Community Organizations and Employees Photo: Dennis Fujimoto / The Garden Island As the largest coffee farm in the USA, Kauai Coffee makes waves for growing exce...
Chocolate Macadamia Nut S'mores Latte
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on o...