Iced Kauai Coffee with a Tropical Twist
IngredientsMakes two servings
- 2 cups strong Kauai Coffee, brewed
- 1/2 cup of ginger-infused, sweetened condensed milk (recipe below)
- 2 16oz. cups filled with ice
- 2 - 4 tablespoons evaporated milk or heavy cream (optional)
- Brew two cups of your favorite Kauai Coffee. We recommend a dark roast and brewing with a French press or drip method. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of ground coffee than you usually would for a bolder, richer flavor.
- Mix brewed coffee with 1/4 cup of the ginger-infused sweetened condensed milk and stir until dissolved.
- Refrigerate the coffee and condensed milk mixture until cool.
- Fill two 16oz. cups with ice and pour cooled coffee over ice. Top with heavy cream or evaporated milk and enjoy!
Ginger-infused sweetened condensed milkAny store-bought sweetened condensed milk will work in this Thai-inspired recipe, but the addition of cardamom and other aromatic spices to the beverages sold from bustling carts across Thailand makes the coffee even more delectable. Making your own sweetened condensed milk infused with spices commonly grown in Hawaii is easy and will add another level of flavor to your beverage.
- 2 cups whole milk or full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- Add milk, sugar, and ginger to a small saucepan
- Heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium and gently simmer for 30 minutes or until the milk has thickened.
- Once reduced, pour milk through a fine strainer to remove ginger and into a glass jar or container.
- Refrigerate until cool, and use it in your favorite coffee beverages. Condensed milk will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Related Blog postsView all
Kauai Coffee Brewing Method Guide
Hawaiian coffee is known worldwide for its unique flavor and distinct aroma. Our tropical climate, warm temperatures, abundant rainfall, and rich volcanic soil provide the perfect conditions for gr...
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...