Iced Kauai Coffee with a Tropical Twist
IngredientsMakes two servings
- 2 cups strong Kauai Coffee, brewed
- 1/2 cup of ginger-infused, sweetened condensed milk (recipe below)
- 2 16oz. cups filled with ice
- 2 - 4 tablespoons evaporated milk or heavy cream (optional)
- Brew two cups of your favorite Kauai Coffee. We recommend a dark roast and brewing with a French press or drip method. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of ground coffee than you usually would for a bolder, richer flavor.
- Mix brewed coffee with 1/4 cup of the ginger-infused sweetened condensed milk and stir until dissolved.
- Refrigerate the coffee and condensed milk mixture until cool.
- Fill two 16oz. cups with ice and pour cooled coffee over ice. Top with heavy cream or evaporated milk and enjoy!
Ginger-infused sweetened condensed milkAny store-bought sweetened condensed milk will work in this Thai-inspired recipe, but the addition of cardamom and other aromatic spices to the beverages sold from bustling carts across Thailand makes the coffee even more delectable. Making your own sweetened condensed milk infused with spices commonly grown in Hawaii is easy and will add another level of flavor to your beverage.
- 2 cups whole milk or full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- Add milk, sugar, and ginger to a small saucepan
- Heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium and gently simmer for 30 minutes or until the milk has thickened.
- Once reduced, pour milk through a fine strainer to remove ginger and into a glass jar or container.
- Refrigerate until cool, and use it in your favorite coffee beverages. Condensed milk will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Related Blog postsView all
Tutu's Coffee and Chocolate Ganache Cake
Nothing embodies the warmth and togetherness of the holiday season more than baking something delicious for your family and friends to enjoy. At Kauai Coffee, we know just how rewarding it is to ma...
How to Make Espresso Without a Machine
For many coffee drinkers, espresso is the ultimate expression of coffee perfection. Even though people widely consume it in the United States and around the world, there is much confusion about wha...
Our Coffee Starts with Kindness
November 13 is World Kindness Day. As the trade winds begin to cool and our harvest season winds down, now is a good time to reflect on what it means to cultivate coffee with kindness. At Kauai Cof...
Scary Good Halloween Treats You Can Make with Kauai Coffee
How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn't resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats yo...
Kauai Coffee Sale and Visitor Donations Raise $31,000 for Maui Wildfire Relief Efforts
At Kauai Coffee Company, we've always believed in the power of coffee to bring people together. This National Coffee Day, we channeled that belief into action by launching a special sale and collec...
Brew Like a Roast Master
Is there anything that smells or tastes better than freshly roasted coffee? We think not! Roasting is both an art and a science that takes years to master. Our roast masters are the innovators resp...
Kauai Coffee Brewing Guide: Pour Over Method
If you're a coffee enthusiast and appreciate the rich flavors of 100% Hawaiian coffee, you're in for a treat! This comprehensive guide explores the art of brewing your favorite Kauai Coffee using t...
What does Fair Trade Certification™ Mean?
October is Fair Trade Month and a great time to learn more about what Fair Trade Certification™ really means for your favorite businesses and products. At Kauai Coffee, our commitment to sustainabi...
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...