Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious 100% Hawaiian coffee flavored with the warm spices and subtle sweetness of pumpkin pie delivered right to your door.
With notes of cinnamon, caramel, and pecan, this coffee pairs perfectly with your favorite seasonal baked goods and makes an excellent fall-flavored latte. Get the most out of pumpkin season with our favorite pumpkin-inspired recipes below, and tag @kauaicoffeeco on Facebook or Instagram to share all of the 'onolicious things you make or pair with your coffee!
Hawaiian Pumpkin Crunch
In Hawai'i, no potluck, team banquet, or holiday get together is complete without Pumpkin Crunch at the table. A cross between traditional pumpkin pie and a buttery crumb cake, this sweet treat is especially popular at Thanksgiving and Christmas but enjoyed year-round across the islands. The buttery crust, whipped cream topping, and velvety pumpkin filling are the inspiration behind our Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie flavored coffee and a nostalgic taste of home for anyone who grew up in the islands. Get the recipe for Hawaiian Pumpkin Crunch here.
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is easy to make and the basis for many coffee drinks and cocktails. Combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and simmer it over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool and store your syrup in a glass jar or easy-to-pour-from container in the refrigerator. It will last up to two weeks or a little longer if stored in an airtight container. If you would like a thicker syrup, use two parts sugar to one part water. For a Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Flavored syrup, combine one cup of sugar, one cup of water, 8 oz. (1/2 can) of pumpkin puree, and one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes and then cool before use. For a smooth syrup, strain the mixture before cooling.
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Caramel
Take that simple syrup recipe one step further to make a decadent pumpkin pie-inspired caramel! Add one cup of granulated sugar to a medium saucepan. Cook it over medium-high heat until it dissolves and turns a rich amber color. Remove it from the heat when the color changes and quickly whisk in three tablespoons of butter. When the sugar and butter are well combined, gently pour in a 1/2 cup of heavy cream, add four tablespoons of pumpkin puree, and whisk fervently until all ingredients are smooth and combined. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to taste. Once cool, use a funnel to pour caramel sauce into a condiment container or jar. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Hawaiian-Style Pumpkin LatteTaste the holidays in Hawaii – make a Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Latte. Serve hot or over ice. What you'll need
- 1/2 cup frothed or steamed milk (any kind will do, but a dash of sweetened condensed milk will give you even more Pumpkin Crunch flavor)
- 1 cup 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie coffee, brewed
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie caramel
- Whipped cream, cold foam, ground spices, or toppings of choice
- Froth or steam your milk using a handheld frother, blender, or steamer.
- Prep your mug or cup. Drizzle Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Caramel around the inside of the mug, and then add the Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie syrup to the bottom.
- Add your brewed coffee to the mug and top with your frothed milk
- Dress up your latte with whipped topping, cold foam, or any add-ons you love.
Pumpkin Crunch MuffinsWho says you can't have pie for breakfast? With these Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie-inspired muffins, you get the best of breakfast and dessert in one! What you'll need
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Coffee, brewed and cooled
- 2/12 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Pinch of salt to taste
For the crunchy topping
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tin by lining it with parchment paper or cupcake liners.
- Make the crunchy topping by combining melted butter, flour, sugar, spices, and chopped nuts. Stir until just combined and the mixture holds together when pinched but crumbles easily.
- Brew coffee and set it aside to cool
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs with a stand or hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and egg mixture on medium-high until it is light and fluffy. Then add the pumpkin puree and cooled coffee.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt) to the wet ingredient mixture. Mix gently until the dry ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix.
- Evenly distribute the muffin mixture into the prepared tins and top with the crunch topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve with a Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie latte or your favorite 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie
Related Blog postsView all
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...
Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we're happy to celebrate! Chocolate and coffee are complimentary flavors that bring out the best in each other. The deep, rich, and nutty notes o...