Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back!
The calendar may say September, but our hearts say it's time for a taste of the holidays in Hawai'i! 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back! Order online now to get our smooth and delicious 100% Hawaiian coffee flavored with the warm spices and subtle sweetness of pumpkin pie delivered right to your door.
With notes of cinnamon, caramel, and pecan, this coffee pairs perfectly with your favorite seasonal baked goods and makes an excellent fall-flavored latte. Get the most out of pumpkin season with our favorite pumpkin-inspired recipes below, and tag @kauaicoffeeco on Facebook or Instagram to share all of the 'onolicious things you make or pair with your coffee!
Hawaiian Pumpkin Crunch
In Hawai'i, no potluck, team banquet, or holiday get together is complete without Pumpkin Crunch at the table. A cross between traditional pumpkin pie and a buttery crumb cake, this sweet treat is especially popular at Thanksgiving and Christmas but enjoyed year-round across the islands. The buttery crust, whipped cream topping, and velvety pumpkin filling are the inspiration behind our Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie flavored coffee and a nostalgic taste of home for anyone who grew up in the islands. Get the recipe for Hawaiian Pumpkin Crunch here.
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is easy to make and the basis for many coffee drinks and cocktails. Combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and simmer it over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool and store your syrup in a glass jar or easy-to-pour-from container in the refrigerator. It will last up to two weeks or a little longer if stored in an airtight container. If you would like a thicker syrup, use two parts sugar to one part water. For a Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Flavored syrup, combine one cup of sugar, one cup of water, 8 oz. (1/2 can) of pumpkin puree, and one teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes and then cool before use. For a smooth syrup, strain the mixture before cooling.
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Caramel
Take that simple syrup recipe one step further to make a decadent pumpkin pie-inspired caramel! Add one cup of granulated sugar to a medium saucepan. Cook it over medium-high heat until it dissolves and turns a rich amber color. Remove it from the heat when the color changes and quickly whisk in three tablespoons of butter. When the sugar and butter are well combined, gently pour in a 1/2 cup of heavy cream, add four tablespoons of pumpkin puree, and whisk fervently until all ingredients are smooth and combined. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to taste. Once cool, use a funnel to pour caramel sauce into a condiment container or jar. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Hawaiian-Style Pumpkin LatteTaste the holidays in Hawaii – make a Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Latte. Serve hot or over ice. What you'll need
- 1/2 cup frothed or steamed milk (any kind will do, but a dash of sweetened condensed milk will give you even more Pumpkin Crunch flavor)
- 1 cup 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie coffee, brewed
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie caramel
- Whipped cream, cold foam, ground spices, or toppings of choice
- Froth or steam your milk using a handheld frother, blender, or steamer.
- Prep your mug or cup. Drizzle Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Caramel around the inside of the mug, and then add the Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie syrup to the bottom.
- Add your brewed coffee to the mug and top with your frothed milk
- Dress up your latte with whipped topping, cold foam, or any add-ons you love.
Pumpkin Crunch MuffinsWho says you can't have pie for breakfast? With these Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie-inspired muffins, you get the best of breakfast and dessert in one! What you'll need
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie Coffee, brewed and cooled
- 2/12 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Pinch of salt to taste
For the crunchy topping
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tin by lining it with parchment paper or cupcake liners.
- Make the crunchy topping by combining melted butter, flour, sugar, spices, and chopped nuts. Stir until just combined and the mixture holds together when pinched but crumbles easily.
- Brew coffee and set it aside to cool
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs with a stand or hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and egg mixture on medium-high until it is light and fluffy. Then add the pumpkin puree and cooled coffee.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt) to the wet ingredient mixture. Mix gently until the dry ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix.
- Evenly distribute the muffin mixture into the prepared tins and top with the crunch topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve with a Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie latte or your favorite 100% Kauai Coffee Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie
Related Blog postsView all
Whole Bean Vs. Ground Coffee: Which is Right for You?
If you brew coffee at home, you likely start your day with one question – whole bean or ground? In this guide, we're spilling the beans on the difference between the two so you can understand how t...
How Do Coffee Beans Grow?
The 2023 harvest has begun! With the coffee trees full of ripe cherries, now is a great time to go behind-the-scenes and get a look at how coffee beans grow in Hawaii. Find out how our island-grown...
Complete Guide to Peaberry Coffee
If you see peaberry on a coffee shop menu, you might wonder what it is and why it's so expensive. If these questions have crossed your mind, this guide to peaberry coffee is for you. Learn about pe...
Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is Back Again!
The calendar may say August, but our hearts say it's pumpkin season, which means Hawaiian Pumpkin Pie is back for a limited time! With subtle notes of cinnamon, caramel and pecan one sip will trans...
Vanilla Cinnamon Graham Cracker Latte Recipe
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on ou...
Inaugural Kauai 50 Showcases Unbreakable Spirit and Community Camaraderie
The rugged beauty of Kauai's landscape served as the backdrop for the inaugural Kauai 50, a grueling 50-mile trail race that brought together professional ultra runners and passionate enthusiasts a...
Four Ways to Enjoy Cold Coffee Before Summer Ends
As the summer season winds down, there's still time to savor the refreshing delight of cold coffee. Whether you're a coffee enthusiast or just looking for a cool pick-me-up, Kauai Coffee offers a f...
Coffee Cupping with the Pros
Coffee cupping is a refined art that requires passion, skill, and expertise. Through the cupping process, professional coffee graders employ their finely tuned senses to unlock the secrets hidden w...
Two Mango Coffee Recipes to Savor This Summer
Nothing tastes like summer as much as a ripe, juicy mango. Sweet and tangy, more than 500 varieties of mango grow across the Hawaiian Islands, making it a popular ingredient in summertime pies, cak...
Fair Trade Committee Empowers Island Community with Development Fund Distribution
More than $180,000 Distributed to Community Organizations and Employees Photo: Dennis Fujimoto / The Garden Island As the largest coffee farm in the USA, Kauai Coffee makes waves for growing exce...
Chocolate Macadamia Nut S'mores Latte
If you could capture the taste of summer in one bite, what would you choose? A gooey s'more toasted over a smoldering campfire and enjoyed under a thick blanket of Pacific stars is definitely on o...