Hang on to Summer with Paradise Mango Coffee
Paradise Mango Coffee Cold BrewCold brew is coffee made by steeping coarse ground coffee beans in cold water for 12-16 hours. Because of the increased steeping time, cold brew coffee is generally described as smooth, mellow, and low in acid. However, cold brew coffee is also highly concentrated and best enjoyed over ice with milk, water, or other additions to dilute. Even though it takes more time to prepare cold brew coffee, the resulting concentrate is easy to keep in the refrigerator for quick cold coffee drinks and recipes – it is an excellent addition to baked goods and desserts! One of the best things about cold brew coffee is that you don't need fancy equipment or precision to make a delicious batch at home. We recommend starting with a ratio of approximately 3/4-cup coarse ground coffee for every 25 ounces (about 3 cups) of cold, filtered water. Here is everything you need to make the perfect big batch pitcher of cold brew at home. Ingredients
- One pitcher
- 2 cups coarse ground Paradise Mango Twist 100% Kauai Coffee
- 8 cups cold, filtered water
- Add 2 cups of coarse ground coffee to the pitcher.
- Slowly pour 8 cups of filtered water over the grounds.
- Stir the coffee gently until all grounds are saturated.
- Cover the pitcher and let it sit at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 12-16 hours. The longer your coffee steeps, the more concentrated it will become.
- After desired steeping time, filter the grounds out of the pitcher and store cold brew coffee in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Paradise Mango Coffee FrappeNothing says summer quite like a blended frozen coffee. It's a treat that beats the heat and delivers an ideal caffeine boost whenever you need it. This simple recipe uses your prepared Paradise Mango cold brew for a quick pick-me-up!
Ingredients (makes two servings)
- 2 cups Paradise Mango Cold Brew, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy alternative)
- Optional: honey, simple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- Optional: Whipped cream or cold foam topping. (Try our lilikoi cold foam recipe here!)
- Place Paradise Mango coffee ice cubes in a blender.
- Add 1 cup of milk and sweetener of choice.
- Blend the cold brew coffee ice cubes, milk, and sweetener on high until smooth.
- Pour Paradise Mango Twist Coffee Frappe into two glasses, top with optional whipped cream or cold foam and enjoy!
Paradise Mango Muffins with Coconut Crumb ToppingSummertime in Hawaii is mango madness. From late May to early October, backyard trees and farmer's markets burst with sweet, golden goodness. According to the National Mango Board, more than 500 varieties of mangoes grow throughout the Hawaiian Islands. During mango season, you'll find no shortage of tart mango pickles, decadent mango sweet bread, pies, cakes, chutneys, and more at markets and roadside stands in Hawaii. Whip up a batch of these Paradise Mango muffins today and enjoy them with a cup of 100% Kauai Coffee Paradise Mango Twist. Summer never tasted so good!
Paradise Mango Coffee HaupiaHaupia is a simple coconut dessert served at luaus, weddings, and celebrations in Hawaii. It is a dense and starchy coconut pudding that can be served on its own or layered into pies, cakes, and ice cream. Haupia gained popularity after World War II but has a long history in Hawaii. It can be made entirely from plants brought to Hawaii by Polynesian voyagers, including niu, also known as coconut, pia, Polynesian arrowroot, and kō, the Hawaiian word for sugar cane.
- 1 can (14 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Paradise Mango Twist cold brew concentrate (see recipe above)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- Optional: toasted coconut, diced fruit, or melted chocolate
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter or neutral oil.
- Mix the Paradise Mango cold brew concentrate, sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved, and cornstarch is incorporated.
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk until it starts to simmer.
- Turn off the heat and pour the coffee, cornstarch, and sugar mixture into the simmering coconut milk and whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Once the haupia thickens to a pudding-like consistency, transfer the mixture into the greased baking dish and chill in the refrigerator until cold and set.
- Once chilled, slice the haupia into squares and serve with optional toppings such as diced fruit, toasted coconut, and/or melted chocolate.
- Optional: To create a layered dessert, repeat steps 1-5 replacing the coffee concentrate with water. This will result in a traditional haupia you can spread on top of the coffee haupia for a layered dessert.
Related Blog postsView all
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...
Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we're happy to celebrate! Chocolate and coffee are complimentary flavors that bring out the best in each other. The deep, rich, and nutty notes o...