4 Homemade Holiday Coffee Recipes with a Kauai Kick
'Tis the season for sipping and sharing festive coffee drinks with friends and family. Use these holiday coffee recipes to make your favorite drinks at home this year with a Hawaiian twist! All it takes is adding Kauai Coffee and a few island-inspired flavors to these holiday classics.
Coconut Caramel Crunch Coffee Nog (makes two servings)
Unsure about Eggnog? Or is it a holiday staple for your family? Either way, try this tropical take on the classic holiday drink with coconut milk and Kauai Coffee!
- 1/2 cup brewed Kauai Coffee Coconut Caramel Crunch
- 1 15oz. can coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-4 Cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground clove
- 4oz Bourbon (optional)
- Pour coconut milk into a small saucepan. Add cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, nutmeg, and cloves. Heat over medium heat until just boiling.
- Once boiling, remove from heat, cover, and steep spices in coconut milk for 20 minutes.
- Strain the milk to remove cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods. Store in a glass jar or container and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Brew a strong cup of Coconut Caramel Crunch Coffee and prepare two glasses with ice.
- Pour half of the brewed coffee over ice in each glass and then top with spiced coconut milk.
- Optional: For a spiked nog, add 2oz of Bourbon to each glass, stir and enjoy.
Want an even stronger coffee flavor? Try cold brewing your coffee.
Enjoy the classic combination of mint and mocha made from scratch in what might be our favorite of the homemade holiday coffee recipes!
- 2 cups Chocolate Macadamia Nut Kauai Coffee (brewed)
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1/4 cup sweetener (simple syrup, honey, or agave work well. Adjust to taste.)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 drop peppermint oil or 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Brew two strong cups of Kauai Coffee. We recommend Chocolate Macadamia Nut for a double dose of chocolatey goodness.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, cocoa powder, and sweetener over medium-high heat until slightly thickened. Add one drop of peppermint oil or a 1/4 tsp. of peppermint extract and whisk well until the desired texture is achieved.
- Combine coffee and milk, top with optional whipped cream, sip, and savor with family.
Tropical Gingerbread Latte
Ginger and turmeric grow abundantly in Hawaii. Add these zesty spices to give your traditional gingerbread latte a Kauai kick.
- 2oz. Dark Roast Kauai Coffee prepared with an espresso machine, Moka pot, or French press.
- 1/2 cup steamed milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- Combine steamed milk, spices, and molasses.
- Pour milk over coffee, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy.
Chocolate Orange Frozen Coffee
Citrus trees in Hawaii are often full of fruit during the holiday season. Fuel your last-minute holiday shopping or serve this cool and creamy chocolate orange treat as a decadent dessert.
- 2 cups brewed Kauai Coffee, frozen into ice cubes. (Try the Visitor Center Dark Roast)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream, mini chocolate chips and orange wedges to garnish (optional)
- In a blender, combine coffee ice cubes, milk, chocolate syrup, orange extract and blend until smooth.
- Once other ingredients are well combined, add vanilla ice cream to blender and blend until the desired texture is achieved.
- Garnish glass with additional chocolate syrup, add blended coffee and serve with whipped cream and chocolate chip topping.
Related Blog postsView all
7 Valentine’s Day Coffee Date Ideas
Being in the coffee business, we know something about being in love. Growing Hawaiian coffee takes a great deal of aloha and passion, and many of life's most cherished friendships and relationships...
Five Reasons to Try a Kauai Coffee Subscription
We often say that caring for your coffee from seed to cup is a labor of love. It may sound cheesy, but it's true. We love that coffee is one of the first things you enjoy in the morning and powers ...
8 Coffee Resolutions for the New Year
The last days of 2022 are numbered, which means many of us are creating goals and resolutions for the New Year. So, instead of hard-to-stick-to diets or plans to finally clean out the garage, we ho...
Kauai Coffee and Holiday Dessert Pairings
Someone once said, "drinking good wine with good food and good company is one of life's greatest pleasures." We certainly agree but drinking exceptional coffee with decadent desserts and outstandin...
What Happens After the Coffee Harvest?
The 2022 harvest is expected to conclude this week, and in a few short months, the first flowers of 2023 will bloom across the farm. While the coffee trees may look like they are taking a break bet...
Eggnog Latte Bundt Cake Recipe
It's the most wonderful time of the year, which means it is also time for the most wonderful treats of the year! From festive beverages to decadent desserts, 100% Kauai Coffee is a versatile accomp...
Send Aloha Anywhere with a Kauai Coffee Gift
The holiday season is here, and while it is a joyous time of year, it can also bring a little added stress. Use these ten tips to take the guesswork out of giving and create thoughtful and thankful...
Nine Holiday Drinks, Dishes and Desserts to Make with Kauai Coffee
The holiday season is here, so it's time to gather around the kitchen table and share a delicious meal with 'ohana and friends. However, planning for any holiday event can be a lot of effort and st...
Meet the 'Ohana Collection
In Hawaii, 'ohana means family. You may have heard that phrase popularized by movies and TV shows, but it is a deeply meaningful word with significance that extends beyond immediate relatives. Embr...
Holiday Coffee is Here!
Get your holiday traditions started early with a taste of paradise! If you're ready to deck the halls and share aloha with your family and friends, the 2022 Kauai Coffee holiday gift guide is here!...
Chocolate, Coffee and Coconut Cupcake Recipe
October 18th is National Chocolate Cupcake Day, and we're happy to celebrate! Chocolate and coffee are complimentary flavors that bring out the best in each other. The deep, rich, and nutty notes o...