How do you make coffee for a ghost? Add a little scream and sugar! Halloween is almost here, and we couldn’t resist sharing a little ghoulish giggle along with these scary good Halloween treats you can make using your favorite Kauai Coffee. Have you used an Estate Update Blog recipe? Tell us how it went! Tag @kauaicoffeeco on Facebook and Instagram with your results.
Candy Apple Cider Latte
• 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee (brewed) we recommend something with notes of spice or sweetness like Holiday Spice or Estate Reserve Typica
• 1/2 cup apple cider
• Steamed milk of choice
• Whipped cream and honey
1. Heat apple cider in a small saucepan on the stove
2. In a mug, combine 1/2 cup of freshly brewed Kauai Coffee with hot apple cider
3. Steam milk and pour into coffee and cider mixture
4. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with honey
Broomsticks Butterscotch Coffee Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kauai Coffee (brewed)
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, corn syrup and brown sugar over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and use a candy thermometer to bring the mixture to 234 degrees.
- Once the sauce reaches the desired temperature, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and coffee. You may also add a little more cream to get the consistency just right.
- Enjoy over ice cream, in your favorite coffee, or straight off the spoon!
Scary Good Kauai Coffee Brownies
- 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Kauai Coffee (brewed), plus 1 tablespoon finely ground Kauai Coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Halloween candy, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and combine with brewed Kauai Coffee and cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour and ground coffee into the egg and sugar mixture
- Once cooled, slowly pour the melted butter, coffee and cocoa into the large bowl containing flour, eggs and sugar.
- Gently fold in Halloween candy of choice and mix batter until smooth.
- Pour batter into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with a cup of your favorite Kauai Coffee!